Who knows about www.beatstars.com

I've been looking at BeatStars myself. As a producer, my concern would be the saturation of tracks already. It may take a lot of work to external marketing to get noticed, and at the same time, you're introducing your potential customers to the competition. But the artist/customer, there is a plethora of material available.

I've been looking at BeatStars myself. As a producer, my concern would be the saturation of tracks already. It may take a lot of work to external marketing to get noticed, and at the same time, you're introducing your potential customers to the competition. But the artist/customer, there is a plethora of material available.

JBlongz but you cant forget about all the widgets and apps they give you to make 100% on your website and FB. Sell Beats | Sell Instrumentals | Beat App | Music Production . cant fully rely on their marketplace but if you want to attract new customers they have some real cheap promo spots starting at $1 to get plays. not bad.

I was considering to join Beatstars.com, but I believe their commission fee is too high and they don't offer any good promotional opportunities.

I was considering to join Beatstars.com, but I believe their commission fee is too high and they don't offer any good promotional opportunities.

I have to disagree with you bro. They let you keep 100% of all your sales on widgets and FB app. They only take 20% of sales that are made on their marketplace which is probably the most competitive rate out there. And with the 20% it covers all merchant fees plus they give all artists that buy beats on their site free distribution to over 600 digital stores like iTunes.

Not only do they do that, they also have placement opportunities for TV, Film and major label artists. They also have tons of promo spots you can buy and their Daily Deal is insanse way to promote your beats to almost 100,000 beat buyers.

Might want to rethink your stance man, I've made thousands on the site and I'm very happy with their service.

Their rates are definitely better than everything else I've seen out there. I hope their placement opportunities are (and stay) legit. I've become suspicious of such activity from ModernBeats, RevebNation, and Music XRay. They've become a thorn in my inbox with all these "placement opportunities". I think it helps to disclose which users actually win these placements.

BeatStars has a lot of potential to become a mainstream platform both technically (code style) and business driven. I'm getting closer to investing in an account as the "guinea pig" of my crew. I hope the backbone of this venture is strong enough for longterm evolution and support.

Their rates are definitely better than everything else I've seen out there. I hope their placement opportunities are (and stay) legit. I've become suspicious of such activity from ModernBeats, RevebNation, and Music XRay. They've become a thorn in my inbox with all these "placement opportunities". I think it helps to disclose which users actually win these placements.

BeatStars has a lot of potential to become a mainstream platform both technically (code style) and business driven. I'm getting closer to investing in an account as the "guinea pig" of my crew. I hope the backbone of this venture is strong enough for longterm evolution and support.

Yeah they just started the placement opps so I don't know how many has actually gotten it. Hopefully they keep developing and staying ahead of the curve

This site has a lot of potential. Great design & usability. But I have the feleling that not a lot of people know about that site.

This site has a lot of potential. Great design & usability. But I have the feleling that not a lot of people know about that site.

Last I heard they had like 100,000 registered users...but that might not be a lot compared to some other sites. They have the best technology hands down...

Sold a couple of beats through them and registered in March. I had to create my site for artist to buy hip hop beats. but using MFS for the player since it's mobile friendly then beatstars. I'll be adding the player on my site soon tho.

So.. I was very close to joining beatstars, but I ran into a few serious deal-breakers.

iPhone App:
I found a few custom producer apps in the AppStore. So I downloaded to see what the experience would be like for a potential customer.

• You can't listen to music unless you create an account using email and password. In today's age, you'll lose 70% of customers this way. Even if its someone you know personally, they may put off the task long enough to forget because they expected it to be easy as soundcloud. Perhaps they'd be more interested to sign up AFTER hearing the beat they want. Having facebook login (like the original BeatStars app) could be a solution, but support never answered my question about this.
  • There are iAds at the bottom of the app. Makes the app feel cheesy.

I also asked support about the way selling exclusive music works. For example: If I list an exclusive option along with lease option, once someone buys a lease, the exclusive option should be disabled and vice versa. I received no clarification regarding this. Perhaps someone here should chime in.

Last edited:
Beatstars

i had a bad experience with beatstars i spent hundreds of dollars they failed to promote things i paid for cancelled my account after two months when i paid in advance for a year i would not recommend this service they got certain producers they give all the front page spots to and it pretty much stays that way don't waste your money

I also asked support about the way selling exclusive music works. For example: If I list an exclusive option along with lease option, once someone buys a lease, the exclusive option should be disabled and vice versa. I received no clarification regarding this. Perhaps someone here should chime in.

Yeah exclusivity is not taken seriously by those websites in general. The license they call ''exclusive'' is actually a buyout.

beatstars is a scam

Yeah exclusivity is not taken seriously by those websites in general. The license they call ''exclusive'' is actually a buyout.

Beatstars Is scam page , they dont pay you !!!

I earned about 300$ for 2 months and they didn't pay me . When I contacted the ceo he said there are some problems with payments bla bla bla , today the banned me

uNiagQ5.jpg xhlyoKE.jpg

Don't use Beatstars , they dont pay

Back