Who knows about www.beatstars.com

Yeah man. This site is pretty sick. I've made a good amount of money on the site. beatstars.com/danimals415

At the end of the day you gotta have hot music. This place is growing fast and they have a lot of sh*t happening this year. I speak to the founder every now and then to pick his brain.

I'm sure it's similar to soundclick but may be totally different business model and opportunities
but as I would tell anyone
build relationship
locally,regionally,nationally,and internationally
build relationships with indie label owner
not just business relationships either

Their platform is great for collaborating with other professionals. If this is your goal then use them, by all means. But it seems like you're looking to make money instead of music. Remember this, "No matter what online platform you use, the money you make online will be directly related to your marketing, promo, and sales efforts. They won't do the selling for you, nor can they; and even if they did, they would likely sell the music at the top of their priority list.

Nobody can represent you or your music better than you.

There's no way for up and coming producers, artists, labels, or studios to make money without putting forth serious sales efforts. Even Micheal Jackson had to leave Neverland to promote and sell the music he recorded. Both he and the teams he put together worked hard to entertain his billions of fans on tv, in videos, and at concerts. Micheal Jackson was the king of pop and he still had to work his a*s off to sell music. As producers, we are forced to work harder than performers and with less sleep most of the time...

Not only that, successful music releases require a team of people who are rarely, if ever, seen by fans. This doesn't mean they're not required though. Nobody gets out of doing marketing, promo, or sales work.

It doesn't stop people from trying though, lol.

It would be wiser to invest that $25 monthly cost into online marketing and promo... Contact me by phone if you don't know much about this area of business, and I'll be happy to any questions you have. I could right a book on this topic, and probably will when I have more time for such activities.

Last edited:
I think everyone has the wrong perception of BeatStars and thinks its just another beat site. They are in the business of giving producers the tools they need to monetize from their content on their own websites, social sites etc. They give you 100% of sales when sales are generated on their embeddable widget store which manages all of your high quality files and agreement downloads for your customers.

Beatstars is legit. I've made money on the site and have been a member since the beginning. Hands down its the best beat site out there. Plus you have some awesome tools to sell beats w/ contracts, etc. The owner Abe Bashton is a cool dude too with alot of connects in the industry. They also send out sync licensing oppty's too. I'd say definitely give it a shot!

I've heard about this website for a long time now I've never registered on to it because of me starting my own business etc but from what I heard when it first came out its legit and sh*t hot

effusiveart do you like it? I have to agree with alkota...the place is legit

I have to say so far im loving it. but im really shocked its not more artists on there. thats really telling. it seems like artist dont want to be on a site with producers.

What do you think?

Man, honestly, it is PERFECT. HOWEVER...it does have one flaw that ultimately prevented me from allowing myself to subscribe to the service. It says on the site that payouts are only sent on the 1st of every month. I want my money as soon as I make it, just like I already do on my own site. If Im going to use a service, then I expect the same.

The reason the site does payouts once a month is for ease of accounting. Think of what a nightmare the accounting on every transaction could be. The other reason is a single monthly payout allows a buffer for chargebacks, fraud, etc.

I think a monthly payout is completely normal.

I did an interview with Beatstars.com CEO/Founder Buying and Selling Beats – Interview with Beatstars.com Founder & CEO Abe Batshon | Alkota Beats

I think the site is a really dope service/platform for selling beats, can't wait to see what they come up with in the future.

Ehh, I disagree a little man. I mean, Ive been selling beats for a long long time now, and my last two years were very profitable, and easy to handle. The payments are going thru PayPal, I mean...how complicated is that?! Its the same payment system Ive BEEN using, the only reason BeatStars.com is BEASTING right now is because they make it easy to get the files sent over upon payment, that is ALL. Lets go ahead and keep it real, THAT is why BeatStars.com is a beast. That, and they automatically do the contracts for ya....Thats about it though.

Some people do this production stuff Full-Time, such as myself, and cant afford to only be paid out once a month. I wont venture too deep into selling beats thru THEIR marketplace as long as this payment schedule stays the same, but I love the External Widget...its a goldmine.

(I have the $25 membership with them, I vouch for the guys.)

I use it purely for the widget because it automates the delivery process. Their marketplace isn't where the power lies, so I have to agree on that as well. I'm also doing this full time but handle my cashflows a little differently.

I have a Euphony license too that I need to sell. Its essentially the same thing as beatstars but you have to handle the hosting, etc. Pretty dope platform as well.

Yeah I agree BeatStars is really dope. They just updated the site which is much more user friendly for beat buyers to listen and stream. I wish i could get paid out daily too but i do understand the accounting issue for sales on the marketplace...but i get all my sales instantly from beats sold on my beatstars widget.

well after 3 months i have to let it go. It seems after they made some changes my sales through the site dropped. And plus i was never comfortable with the time in between the voice tags. ( truth be told i know people are haveing fun with that, if i was you i would atleast consider that ) Man i loved that widget i made more money with that then on the site. if i can get a widget like that intergrated into my site i would kill this beat selling shit on the net.

So now im on to beatbrokers , i rarely do this dumb shit but i got the 25$ subscription-when i was smoking.
They put a whole knew meaning to the word leech.

Its amazing that site after site are rapping the hell out of the producers and the costumers.
My site will blow when people realized im not trying to dick them.

Last edited:
Ehh, I disagree a little man. I mean, Ive been selling beats for a long long time now, and my last two years were very profitable, and easy to handle. The payments are going thru PayPal, I mean...how complicated is that?! Its the same payment system Ive BEEN using, the only reason BeatStars.com is BEASTING right now is because they make it easy to get the files sent over upon payment, that is ALL. Lets go ahead and keep it real, THAT is why BeatStars.com is a beast. That, and they automatically do the contracts for ya....Thats about it though.

Some people do this production stuff Full-Time, such as myself, and cant afford to only be paid out once a month. I wont venture too deep into selling beats thru THEIR marketplace as long as this payment schedule stays the same, but I love the External Widget...its a goldmine.

(I have the $25 membership with them, I vouch for the guys.)

I know a marketplace that has Instant payments for producers! Contact me!

Back