Who on here is makin real money sellin beats?

As of now there are 65 views and no replies. there's your answer.

Cause it's alot uh niggas out here flexxin. & I'm not talkin bout $10-25 beats on SoundClick.

I'm not gonna front like I am "doing it big" in any shape or form, but I am seeing results from my marketing efforts. I did $1000+ in sales in June online. Each months sales vary with the amount of promotion & marketing I do. Some months I make just enough to cover my operating expenses and overhead cost, but at the end of the day, I am happy with doing what I love to do.

i knew someone would reply after i said that shit. but its really knowones damnnn business what whomever is doing.
and fuk soundclick but since 10s and 20s didnt add up were are you from north dokada

---------- Post added 08-06-2011 at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-05-2011 at 10:06 AM ----------

i knew someone would reply after i said that shit. but its really knowones damnnn business what whomever is doing.
and fuk soundclick but since when did 10s and 20s didnt add up were are you from north dokada
and fuk soundclick but since when did 10s and 20s didnt add up were are you from north dokada

Last edited:
I'm not gonna front like I am "doing it big" in any shape or form, but I am seeing results from my marketing efforts. I did $1000+ in sales in June online. Each months sales vary with the amount of promotion & marketing I do. Some months I make just enough to cover my operating expenses and overhead cost, but at the end of the day, I am happy with doing what I love to do.

Just saw your website and I can see why you're getting those results. Felt like I'd be missing out if I didn't join the mailing list. I don't need beats personally but I know a lot of people who do. So, I link up with producers to refer business. Especially since all of my music and audio gear was stolen.

How many unique visitors did you get in the month of June, when you broke $1000?

JC LOL I was just going to ask the same question as well. Meaning how many hits did you get in the month of June that is still a nice ROI but I would say you are marketing your butt off, good work.

I go some months scraping up a few hundred to the least few thou to the most from guys recording or buying beats locally and every once in a while get a big payoff. I do okay enough to live off my last big payoff until another comes along. Not struggling, but when I go a while without a big payoff it can make me re-evaluate my choice of career.

Another big payoff always slides it's way in to make my doubt go away when I need it. But i hate not knowing when my next check is coming while watching my savings deteriate only to put them back and start over again. I can live a couple years without working if I never did anything from this day, but still. Not a fun way to live.

I go some months scraping up a few hundred to the least few thou to the most from guys recording or buying beats locally and every once in a while get a big payoff. I do okay enough to live off my last big payoff until another comes along. Not struggling, but when I go a while without a big payoff it can make me re-evaluate my choice of career.

Another big payoff always slides it's way in to make my doubt go away when I need it. But i hate not knowing when my next check is coming while watching my savings deteriate only to put them back and start over again. I can live a couple years without working if I never did anything from this day, but still. Not a fun way to live.

Well said.

Just saw your website and I can see why you're getting those results. Felt like I'd be missing out if I didn't join the mailing list. I don't need beats personally but I know a lot of people who do. So, I link up with producers to refer business. Especially since all of my music and audio gear was stolen.

How many unique visitors did you get in the month of June, when you broke $1000?

I just checked my google analytics. Here were the stats for June:

125 visits

370 page views

2.96 pages/visit

18.4% bounce rate

1 min 41 secs avg. time on site

71.2% New visits

I'm shocked at those numbers honestly because I had not really analyzed the month in detail. I just kept focusing on putting out quality beats and content. At the end of the day its not about the number of unique visitors your site gets. Its more so about your conversion ratio. I had a couple of small local cash sales but the majority of the business that month was done online. I mostly try to focus on establishing good relationships with my artists beyond music so when they need beats they think of me first as opposed to soundclick or another producer.

I mostly try to focus on establishing good relationships with my artists beyond music so when they need beats they think of me first as opposed to soundclick or another producer.

That is the most important thing to me because people don't buy beats they buy you at the end of the day. If people like you they will keep coming back and buy more from you because you make it easy for them. That is what I am doing with my website as we speak, I am building up relationships with people because if it becomes a I factor then I will lose every day all day but if I make it about them I will make the sale. It has to be about them that is what a lot of people forget.

That is the most important thing to me because people don't buy beats they buy you at the end of the day. If people like you they will keep coming back and buy more from you because you make it easy for them. That is what I am doing with my website as we speak, I am building up relationships with people because if it becomes a I factor then I will lose every day all day but if I make it about them I will make the sale. It has to be about them that is what a lot of people forget.

No doubt! This is 100% true. People don't just buy a beat. They buy your brand!

Fellas I see what you guys are saying about Soundclick, but soundclick shouldnt be the main focus as a negative look. Soundclick should only be taken as a stepping stone. Your name can be branded through soundclick and then you can continue the brand. For ex. If i had (blah blah beats.com) redirected to soundclick and i promoted heavily through SC ads, the only thing artists will remember is (blah blah beats.com) from seeing it on my website so much. Next month comes, (blah blah beats.com) becomes my own personal site instead of a redirect to Soundclick, Artist still come to me because all they know is my url....blah blah beats. com. I rather make $5,000-$10,000 a month on soundclick than an unsteady $500-$1,000 personal site. Both sites displays your brand. All a customer really remember at the end of their visit is wether your beats are hot or not. They dont visit to make friends...thats our job! lol, not what your graphics look like or if your site is a soundclick site...they just want quality music. Man if ya'll really knew the money thats made on soundclick you would have a change of heart trust me. If you are not spending more than $500 a month on soundclick then you really wont know what im talking about. Oh and that $500 is just a minimum by the way. People are spending $1,000's on ads. Please dont take this personal but i advice all of you, without giving away too much, do what everybody else is not doing and just watch your results. The people who say SC aint S*** are the people who are not spending no money at all on ads and promo. Im trying to throw hints here! lol thats all i can say

Fellas I see what you guys are saying about Soundclick, but soundclick shouldnt be the main focus as a negative look. Soundclick should only be taken as a stepping stone. Your name can be branded through soundclick and then you can continue the brand. For ex. If i had (blah blah beats.com) redirected to soundclick and i promoted heavily through SC ads, the only thing artists will remember is (blah blah beats.com) from seeing it on my website so much. Next month comes, (blah blah beats.com) becomes my own personal site instead of a redirect to Soundclick, Artist still come to me because all they know is my url....blah blah beats. com. I rather make $5,000-$10,000 a month on soundclick than an unsteady $500-$1,000 personal site. Both sites displays your brand. All a customer really remember at the end of their visit is wether your beats are hot or not. They dont visit to make friends...thats our job! lol, not what your graphics look like or if your site is a soundclick site...they just want quality music. Man if ya'll really knew the money thats made on soundclick you would have a change of heart trust me. If you are not spending more than $500 a month on soundclick then you really wont know what im talking about. Oh and that $500 is just a minimum by the way. People are spending $1,000's on ads. Please dont take this personal but i advice all of you, without giving away too much, do what everybody else is not doing and just watch your results. The people who say SC aint S*** are the people who are not spending no money at all on ads and promo. Im trying to throw hints here! lol thats all i can say

IMHO It depends on your goals. No disrespect to Soundclick but it cannot provide me the platform or controls I need to offer all of the services I want to offer, hence the reason I started my own site. For me its a matter of control. I personally do not care to be ranked #1 on Soundclick or make 5,000-10k a month through it. I'd rather be ranked #1 on Google for my niche because there is much more brand exposure and advertising opportunities through it. Thats just my 2 cents. But kudos to all who are making $$$ online! Its a blessing for us all.

Cause it's alot uh niggas out here flexxin. & I'm not talkin bout $10-25 beats on SoundClick.

i bring it around 4k a month (average)
Sources

Taxi
EA Sports
Samsung (just started with them)

those are the main ones

Don't tease the people selling tracks for 10-20 bucks because a lot of those guys who are marketing correctly and have huge email lists are making the same amount if not more.
especially those guys that are leasing like 6-7 tracks for 50 bucks

Z I feel ya and can respect that. I was just throwing that out there because what producers dont understand is the "how to" bring the soundclick prospects to your own individual site. Man All of us in this thread can create our own sites but our sites doesnt even tickle the huge influence/visitors that site soundclick has. I will look up the google analytics on soundclick. But man I love your site and you doing damn good. Shout out to all of us. I hope no one takes it personal i look at us all as one big family because we're all creators of music. If i know where to find bread im going to share it with my peeps where to go get it, thats all. Like the old saying, "you can take a horse to the well, but you cant make em drink". So true. Keep doing ya thang man

Z I feel ya and can respect that. I was just throwing that out there because what producers dont understand is the "how to" bring the soundclick prospects to your own individual site. Man All of us in this thread can create our own sites but our sites doesnt even tickle the huge influence/visitors that site soundclick has. I will look up the google analytics on soundclick. But man I love your site and you doing damn good. Shout out to all of us. I hope no one takes it personal i look at us all as one big family because we're all creators of music. If i know where to find bread im going to share it with my peeps where to go get it, thats all. Like the old saying, "you can take a horse to the well, but you cant make em drink". So true. Keep doing ya thang man

None taken my brother! We all out here trying to feed ourselves and family off what we love to do! Respect.

@thesuproducer Thank you for the tips I know a lot of people will not listen because they will not even invest in themselves in the first place but expect everything to come to them. For those of you that are listening invest in yourself no one is going to believe more then you if you have a dream and remember to DREAM BIG.

Back