What should I do first? Professional photos or Website

TazzyOnline

Producer/Lyricist
I want to focus the rest of this year on getting the materials I need to turn myself as an artist into more of a brand.

(Logo, website, professional photos, business cards, quality music, etc.)

I’ve done the logo and quality music is an ongoing thing.

My questions is what’s more important to have as I’m going to start attending networking sessions.

Should I do my professional photos for £200
Or website £500 - £250 deposit.

Whichever one I don’t do this month I’ll do the next.

Technology is at the point where you can get quality without spending a lot of money. If I were you, the first thing I would do is check my resources (network of people in your circle) and try to get all of it done by bartering to reduce the price or just seeing who will help out. I have a friend who is into photography and he is always looking for something or somebody to shot so he can sharpen his skills and build his port folio, so I teach his kids piano and he does my pictures...and he is good. Use your resources and be creative, you can get it all done.

Technology is at the point where you can get quality without spending a lot of money. If I were you, the first thing I would do is check my resources (network of people in your circle) and try to get all of it done by bartering to reduce the price or just seeing who will help out. I have a friend who is into photography and he is always looking for something or somebody to shot so he can sharpen his skills and build his port folio, so I teach his kids piano and he does my pictures...and he is good. Use your resources and be creative, you can get it all done.

Thanks for replying, I don't really have anyone in my circle that does anything like this. Would you say £500 is a lot for a custom website? I found it a good price + I want to pay for quality. What do you think my best move should be?

Do you think I should do the photos, Keep the website as coming soon till next month with links to my sound cloud etc

Get some quality pictures and make sure you have permission to use them as you see fit. Make sure you get some high resolution Jpeg files. You can do a website that looks good, simple, and very professional yourself. I use weebly (CARLTONKEYS.COM - Home). This is my first site I just started and with nice pictures you can make yours look a lot better. At least try it before you spend the money. You can get going for free on weebly.

I'll help you setup a wordpress site for free
which is good for a new webmaster like yourself easy to update and customize and with tons of free third-party plug-ins/widgets
contact me to setup a appointment

Last edited:
you can actually start with a blog first...i'd suggest tumblr. as far as business cards, go with vista print because they have good card layouts for the low. like fataltone said, you can use wordpress as well to get started. if you are marketing yourself as an artist, make sure you have samples of your music as well.

I'd get photos done, buy a wordpress theme and a hosting package, and do the site yourself. Making a good looking website isn't that unattainable. Good luck!

I'd get photos done, buy a wordpress theme and a hosting package, and do the site yourself. Making a good looking website isn't that unattainable. Good luck!

I went with doing this. I also keep telling myself at work I need to check out your beats. This is noted and will be done today

I went with doing this. I also keep telling myself at work I need to check out your beats. This is noted and will be done today

if you do need walk through help on setting up your website the offer to help is still free
and tip don't be afraid of using a .net for a domain

Hmm .net? I know .com is taken. If needs be this will be my next option. thanks for offering the help. Im going to start on the website soon and if I come across any probs I'll contact you

Back