What Else Can Producers Do?

kevorkio

YOWW!! Whats good FP! I just wanted to see what you guys think producers could do other then producing and mixing/master. And im mean something they can do to make a profit!

I just want all of your ideas!

Here are mine:
Clothing Line
Graphic Design
Sound Desgn

Idk anything else!!

Peace!

i mean if youre jumping from making beats to doing a clothing line that's a pretty big jump.

you could literally be doing anything.
why not practice medicine?
tv news anchorman?

Nah but you know what I mean lool. Like how artists got clothing lines and sponsor alcohol brands and shit like that!

That's a really good question, there really are so many things that producers can do. I think that all producers should have their foot in everything that is involved in the music industry from clothing, tv-film, sports, etc.

Producer coach? Coach a producer to do bigger and better things! Assuming youre a successful producer and you are at the point where you can help coach someone to be just as successful as you.

Web design/coding kind of falls in with graphic design but you should know HTML/CSS if you're doing that. CSS especially for Soundclick.

Promotion assuming you have a nice twitter following and can help people's buzz.

Music Videos/Filmography(Something I'm going to try to get into cause there's an open market in my city for quality music videos.... $$hustlin$$.) - Seriously Music videos sounds the most appealing to me because coding is ****ing boring(tried to get good but it couldn't keep me pulled with interest like beats) Good money in QUALITY videos. If I'm not mistaken rap videos look really ****ing easy to direct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrhjhsGqvwk

So many others... they're all the same haha. Money. Guns. booze. blunts.

work at a real job instead of hustling for pennies?!?

But how does that help expand ones business? If someone is already an established producer and is becoming an entrepreneur why would working a job for someone else's business benefit their business(unless they're networking from the job to help expand themselves)?

But how does that help expand ones business? If someone is already an established producer and is becoming an entrepreneur why would working a job for someone else's business benefit their business(unless they're networking from the job to help expand themselves)?

Better questions:

How does doing multiple jobs outside of producing help one to make money from producing?

If producing pays less money than doing other jobs, why produce in the first place?

Why put in time and effort doing something that is not going to help you to make a living?

I know, plenty of music producers are doing other things now. They made a transition into those other things by being a producer. But guess what, they had to
become successful producers in order for those other opportunities to come to fruition.

Nobody lets an unsuccessful producer create a clothing line, create a line of headphones, create a line of vodka, or other things just for fun. If you want to branch off into other things, you have to become a successful producer first.

Sorry guys, but you are wasting your time doing a thousand things. Do one thing great and people will chase you to do other stuff.

Producer coach? Coach a producer to do bigger and better things! Assuming youre a successful producer and you are at the point where you can help coach someone to be just as successful as you.

Web design/coding kind of falls in with graphic design but you should know HTML/CSS if you're doing that. CSS especially for Soundclick.

Promotion assuming you have a nice twitter following and can help people's buzz.

Music Videos/Filmography(Something I'm going to try to get into cause there's an open market in my city for quality music videos.... $$hustlin$$.) - Seriously Music videos sounds the most appealing to me because coding is ****ing boring(tried to get good but it couldn't keep me pulled with interest like beats) Good money in QUALITY videos. If I'm not mistaken rap videos look really ****ing easy to direct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrhjhsGqvwk

So many others... they're all the same haha. Money. Guns. booze. blunts.

I have already been helping artists and producers develop and make money from their business as well as a roofing company and a local "urban" clothing store, a "hood" carwash,etc...
so my business coaching is expanding because why
1.Music artists are cheap
2. Music Producer are cheap

many want information,training,and direction for free(which I have some tips in my blog look for the link in my sig.)
my business coach link is also in my sig.

I feel Desire Inspires on keeping a regular job unless your music can support your lifestyle
my lifestyle includes a wife and two kids
so my more than decent job cooking at one of the largest Hospital Groups in America that provides my paid vacation/401k free lunch lol, and a decent paycheck I will not give up any time soon...
yeah companies let ppl go all the time but the money is more guaranteed than Music Money right now for me

Last edited:
Guys keep in mind i am just a 17 year old trying to become an entrepreneur.
Good, get to work!

No one is going to give you all of the answers. You have to get out there and get your hands dirty. It takes most people decades to become successful entrepeneurs. Some get there faster, but they all get there by putting in a lot of work.

Back