What to Choose? MUST READ

CeasarBeats

CeasarBeats
Today I just want to briefly talk about finding your lane creatively. As creative people, we tend to be talented/gifted in multiple areas. Sometimes that can put us in a state of confusion about what our "Main" thing should be. I mean, you technically can do multiple things, but there's always that one main thing that you're most comfortable doing and most successful with.

I don't know which talents/gifts you have , but I can definitely use myself as an example. Besides being a musician/producer, I'm also gifted in writing(general authorship), hook/songwriting, rapping, advertising/marketing, and audio engineering. I also have a strong interest in videography, photography, and animation. Being bombarded with so many things, it was kind of hard to pinpoint what I really wanted to do as my "Main" thing. The first step that I took was paying attention to what people complimented me on the most. At the time, it was my musicianship skills. I hadn't really branched out as a producer yet, so being a musician was my main thing. I was a minister of music at several churches, played a few weddings, played a few funerals (which I HATED doing), and several other odds and ends.

Naturally, I began to experiment with producing somewhere around 1999. I found this to be an extension of my love for musicianship and it developed into being one of my biggest passions! As I began to produce, people noticed the talent and gave rave commentary. So I slowly transitioned from being only a musician to being a producer mainly. Production is a very natural and comfortable talent for me. By using my production skills to make products and setting up an online storefront, I gave myself an avenue to use my other gifts (writing, hook/songwriting, rapping, advertising/marketing, and audio engineering). So although it's production that I'm mainly using to attain success, I'm using my other gifts to facilitate the success of production. This results in a well balanced creative output. This will also help you build up your other gifts to be utilized for other things! By doing my own advertising/marketing, I was able to strengthen my skills and be hired to create a custom advertising write-up for Aspen Skiwear Company last year!

So what I would say to you is if you're confused on what you want to utilize as your main creative gift, pay attention to which gift people compliment you on the most, which gift you are most passionate about, which gift is most natural or most comfortable for you, which gift you can do for hours on end happily, and which gift could be in used in a way that opens up doors for the rest of your gifts to be utilized in connection with it. Once you find your lane, run it HARD! Don't look at who else may be doing something similar or who else may be more successful at it right now. It doesn't matter! Add your unique contribution to the world boldly and relentlessly. I pray this email was helpful and that you experience much success in your creative lane! Be blessed! -CeasarBeats

Back