Time Management.. Need Advice!!

TazzyOnline

Producer/Lyricist
im a type of person who likes to have a small friend group. I would say I have 4 people that I can actually call my friend. The issue is when I started my friendship with them I wasnt working or going school. I would do music 7am - 4-5pm and then meet them. They got so use to this now that im working full time its impossible to see them. I work 8:45- 4:45, get home for 6, I dont go straight into music as I create better when I dont force myself to work. If I meet them Im out till about 10pm. Is there anyway to explain to them the importance of me putting in this work now.
Also they like to smoke it up. which is fine but Im trying to put all my work money into investing in my future

The question is: How do I balance work life and friends. (my friends like to see me every other day) and for them to understand that music has become my main focus
At the end of the day you will make your future not them. Sounds like you are in a maturing state and the money should be better spent. If they are your friends they should support you and even help you get out there with your music. Whoever does not agree its not worth keeping as a friend because they will be a drag sooner or later. It hurts but once you make friends with the same interests as you, youll see the difference. You dont want be the shouldve couldve wouldve guy later on.

Back