Sync Pay? Pretty Confused

bendorr

I was talking to some dude who works for some kind of jingle house and he said that if someone got music on a network show that airs frequently that person could make 120 g's a quarter? sounds a little too good to be true, but I have no clue about any of it, also, how much do you think networks (i.e. Fuse) pay when they air a music video? Thank You! :cool:

if the shows play often .an you have a good deal that is possible plus more. but what shows are popping that much right now.tv not the same anymore do to internet.

Dang, now I'm even reading that they can pay like a rack per air, crazy and yeah the internet kinda soiled everything from that to album sales

120g's per quarter sounds very high especially for "in-show" placements. The benefit to "in-show" placements the discovery element that comes along with it. Now, if it were a huge agency with a massive catalog and TONS (I mean TONS) of in-shows then perhaps those figures could work out.

Where you make good money on TV syncs is when your song is used in promos (essentially a commercial for the show's episode). That comes from the network's marketing budget which is totally separate from the budget for in-show music. You make-out even better when it's a special episode and they run the promos for multiple weeks (it's done by "weekly" buys). For example, I had a track on an ABC promo and they ran it for 3 weeks at about $7,500/week. This can go up if the scope is broader (i.e. using the promo on radio, internet, etc.)

The holy grail is if a network wants to "buy out" your track and own it. This can yield figures in the $100,000+ range.

Hope that helps

:)

Back