Soundcloud previews before release... Good or bad?

vass289

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I produce house music and I keep any finished projects private while contacting labels because I am unsure if a short preview on soundcloud prior to release is a deterent for some lablels.

Im just wondering what you guys do? Make a preview of the track public and share it or keep it offline until you get a release?

Any input much appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm working on a EP right now, and I'm posting previews of the songs that'll make part of it. I believe it's useful to know if people are liking your song enough.

I think putting out a preview of your release is good because it gives the listeners an idea of what is coming up and if they like it they can be really excited for a release and makes them eager for your music. However it may be in your favor to also leave some tracks a total suprise! People are even more eager and excited when they have no clue what to expect. However I would suggest NEVER putting up a work in progress. But previews of finished songs that you are for sure going to release is a great idea!

Back