SoundClick Scam

situations are not analogous
says who?
you still sound more like an owner than customer/client....
opinions are like assholes. everyone has one.... and they all stink

i am tired of these egotistical assholes claiming that they should be at the top of soundclick because they were able to do it a long time ago. guess what? times have changed and there is TONS of COMPETITION out there. everyone who can download free fruity loops makes beats now days and wants to sell them. we all know soundclick is number one spot for selling beats so it is hard to be on top with so many. i just want people to stop complain and start competing

This is a big problem on the web in general.....
if he thinks i insulted him because he brought up a question i have already answered in this thread... he is part of the problem too.
opinions are not fact or truth. opinions are preferences or perceptions.
my "opinion" of bandcoach is he believes whatever sounds good to him.

however, when you have failed to answer tthe question numerous times or more correctly ignore some parts and gloss over others, you are not answering questions merely tapering the truth to match your world view, making you a bigger part of the problem - my opinion of you based on what you have written here

I remember a few years back Soundclick suspended my account twice for suspicious activity...

It sux but there's not much you can do..

Same thing with this situation. (Not much you can do) ....Although when I looked into it, it looks like he still has a soundclick page...?

I remember seeing anno on the charts. But you do realize that soundclick is run by many different moderators? They almost banned me from the forums section because i stated my opinion about uploading beats to my page that had samples. I dont even know who the official owner of that site is. I hope you get your money back.

however, when you have failed to answer tthe question numerous times or more correctly ignore some parts and gloss over others, you are not answering questions merely tapering the truth to match your world view, making you a bigger part of the problem - my opinion of you based on what you have written here
what are you.... a detective? check out post #22 where i answered.

Why don't you state why he got banned? Soundclick don't ban someone just for fun..

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

go back to the first pic i posted. read the 3rd line of what you have to do to get promo.... they "we will insert our(musiccentro) scripts which link back and communicate with musiccentro"
now THAT sounds like a SCAM

Do even know anything about scripts?
The code they insert is just the triangle for musiccentro logo on your soundclick page. Same what beatbrokerz do. But they scammers too right?
Before you dont know anything about this whole situation you should really shut your mouth.
People talk a lot of bullshit when they get mad, even if they don't know anything. All this speculation is pointless.

I know this is an old thread, but the OP is absolutely right about SoundClick. They are a scam site now.

The OP complains that SoundClick never responds to their support emails. That is precisely what has happened to me. I had problems with their player stopping after 30 seconds and then going to the next song. I also had problems with their player's pause button not working - it also sent you to the next song. Weird issues.

I was very courteous and professional and at first I thought they would be as well. But the problem was not resolved. I was still receiving complaints from what little fans I have that it wasn't working. After two one liner responses from them, they stopped responding altogether. Just..nothing. I was paying for a VIP subscription, and they just ignored all of the issues and didn't respond to anything I sent.

It has been 6 months. Still nothing. I'm not kidding, I have the time stamps and original emails to prove it. March 5, 2014.

Finally, this last Sunday, I found that their MP3 Facebook App wasn't working and that was the last straw. Now here comes the real scammy part...

I send them an Email, Sunday August 10, 2014 at 5:45 PM requesting to cancel VIP subscription, per their site directions. I get a reply back from Ally Byrd at 6:07 PM - 23 minutes later. She lets me know I have to send the request from my email on file with SoundClick. Ok, fair enough, that makes sense. So I send that email at 6:16 PM - 9 minutes later. And so I wait...and I wait...is has now been 45 hours or so since I've sent that request.

Hmm..interesting how she responded in 23 minutes before, but now it's been 45 hours. What could be the deal? Then I check my account...they just drafted another 10 bucks from my account today!

Gee, how interesting...it's almost like they purposely delayed processing my request.

But that's not the only reason I call this a scam - I totally get what the OP is saying because I experienced the banning, the refusal to accept complaints, all that. See, while I was waiting for my VIP subscription to be canceled, I logged in to the forum and posted in the Support sub-forum the problem I was having, and how they weren't responding even after 6 months of waiting and that I had given up on email support because I wasn't receiving anything from them.

I LITERALLY HAD NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO POST IN THEIR FORUM. Where else am I supposed to go?

They banned me from the forum, and then Ally Byrd sends me an email informing me that my email is now banned from SoundClick as well. What the hell? I'm floored here. They don't respond to support emails, and then when I go to the forum about it, they ban me from both!

And keep in mind...Ally Byrd *still* is not addressing ONE SINGLE complaint about my support issue. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever experienced. It's like they're mad that I won't just pay for a broken player, quietly.

They have banned my email, so there is no way for them to *receive* my VIP cancellation, and therefore no possible way to cancel. Nice trick, SoundClick.

I'm sorry, but they are scammers. The OP was right on about them. Personally, I suspect the company is dead and they are just keeping their apparatus online to continue drafting funds until everyone eventually figures it out and bails. Hell, they've been "working" on Version 4 for how long now? They said they were about to roll it out in JANUARY. Here it is AUGUST, and they've given up on even pretending to keep us updated on it.

I think they've grown tired, and have basically given up. Tired of all the competition with other sites, having to run a business. They're old and boring. So now, as the ship sinks, they're just collecting all the funds they can while people slowly figure it out and leave. And if you give them any excuse, they'll ban your email address to prevent receiving a cancellation from you - so they can keep right on drafting your money each month.

I'm shocked. I loved SoundClick. I've always loved the logo. It's been a sharp looking site compared to SoundCloud (which looks boring as hell) and when the Facebook MP3 app worked, I was in heaven. Now? Totally screwed and disappointed.

SoundClick is a scam. Take your money and run.

Last edited:
contact your bank/paypal/credit card company and unauthorise the payment to them - see how long it takes them to contact you after that!

I wouldnt believe a word he says probably a bit but remember this guys is probably part owner of musiccentro or affiliated or sponsored by...probably using this as a way to hurt the competition and gain people on music centro i am starting to feel like i am just a secure montly revenue for most beat selling websites knowing that we love and value our craft

I wouldnt believe a word he says probably a bit but remember this guys is probably part owner of musiccentro or affiliated or sponsored by...probably using this as a way to hurt the competition and gain people on music centro i am starting to feel like i am just a secure montly revenue for most beat selling websites knowing that we love and value our craft

No, not at all! I didn't suggest any site to go to remember, I'm just sharing my story because I warned them that I would do this if they didn't cancel my VIP subscription. I don't even know what musiccentro or any of this crap is, and I don't care. I don't do "beats" - I'm a rock musician, progressive metal, stuff like that...I don't give a crap about hip hop or beats or any of that stuff. I don't mean any disrespect of course, art is art and I support everyone's artistic exploration - I'm just saying I have zero interest or knowledge about any of that.

My website is vodalavoid.com I'm an amateur and that's about 60% of my music. I don't get any traffic because I'm not very internet savvy, or marketing savvy or any of that. I work a full-time job in a radio shop in Oklahoma. I used SoundClick because I liked the charts and I liked the Facebook MP3 presence in order to post stuff for my friends to see. My website is boring looking.

I plan on visiting every forum I have a login for, and I'm going to join a bunch more. This is just my first post, because I found this on a google search. The situation is just so bizarre, and I feel completely powerless. I have so many facts on my side, but these people - namely Ally Byrd, just will NOT acknowledge any of this. I've never experienced something this strange with a business. I've had disagreements with plenty of businesses in the past, but I've never had a business just pretend as if I wasn't there, continuing to take my money, while I pay for a broken product.

I am absolutely pissed. And I will exact justice. Which really just means I must make them lose more than the 10 bucks they stole from me, yesterday. And really, I need to make them lose more than 70 bucks to make up for 6 months of broken service - while pretending as if I wasn't there, sending emails to support - including the 10 dollar rip off from yesterday.

I know it's chump change, but it's the principle that matters. And I'm going to make them pay for playing bureaucratic games to take my money. I'm going to make them pay for banning my email addresses so they can keep drafting my account because I'm blocked from sending a VIP cancellation. That's a freaking scam right there man. Come on, that's not even remotely defensible.

I understand being skeptical, and if there's anything I can do to help prove myself, please just ask. I have no profit interest in any of this - I'm a pissed off customer that has been ripped off and scammed and I want SoundClick to suffer like they deserve. It isn't right. And I don't take this crap lying down.

No, not at all! I didn't suggest any site to go to remember, I'm just sharing my story because I warned them that I would do this if they didn't cancel my VIP subscription. I don't even know what musiccentro or any of this crap is, and I don't care. I don't do "beats" - I'm a rock musician, progressive metal, stuff like that...I don't give a crap about hip hop or beats or any of that stuff. I don't mean any disrespect of course, art is art and I support everyone's artistic exploration - I'm just saying I have zero interest or knowledge about any of that.

My website is vodalavoid.com I'm an amateur and that's about 60% of my music. I don't get any traffic because I'm not very internet savvy, or marketing savvy or any of that. I work a full-time job in a radio shop in Oklahoma. I used SoundClick because I liked the charts and I liked the Facebook MP3 presence in order to post stuff for my friends to see. My website is boring looking.

I plan on visiting every forum I have a login for, and I'm going to join a bunch more. This is just my first post, because I found this on a google search. The situation is just so bizarre, and I feel completely powerless. I have so many facts on my side, but these people - namely Ally Byrd, just will NOT acknowledge any of this. I've never experienced something this strange with a business. I've had disagreements with plenty of businesses in the past, but I've never had a business just pretend as if I wasn't there, continuing to take my money, while I pay for a broken product.

I am absolutely pissed. And I will exact justice. Which really just means I must make them lose more than the 10 bucks they stole from me, yesterday. And really, I need to make them lose more than 70 bucks to make up for 6 months of broken service - while pretending as if I wasn't there, sending emails to support - including the 10 dollar rip off from yesterday.

I know it's chump change, but it's the principle that matters. And I'm going to make them pay for playing bureaucratic games to take my money. I'm going to make them pay for banning my email addresses so they can keep drafting my account because I'm blocked from sending a VIP cancellation. That's a freaking scam right there man. Come on, that's not even remotely defensible.

I understand being skeptical, and if there's anything I can do to help prove myself, please just ask. I have no profit interest in any of this - I'm a pissed off customer that has been ripped off and scammed and I want SoundClick to suffer like they deserve. It isn't right. And I don't take this crap lying down.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but i am talking about anno domini not you. On his website annodominination he promotes heavily music centro

unlikely to be a music centro issue any more as they appear to be defunct

as for the rest, there is little to know beyond that one member was loudly protesting and protecting sc and I was devils advocate, trying to get to the source of the knowledge of that member

I still stand by my statements about sc being a rip and a con, as the evidence is overwhelming, whereas there is little evidence to support what iBeatz13 was trying to push in defense of sc

IMO the people who run SC don't really want to deal with the 'problems' that occur on their site.

These problems can range from disgruntled subscribers, to copyright claimant issues, to people abusing the charting system, account cancellations, etc. Now I can understand not wanting to deal with people who are 'difficult' and 'repeat offenders' but I do feel that if people want to close their account and cancel their subscription that there really shouldn't be a whole lot to it.

That said, to those signing up on SC I really recommend doing it through paypal because you can just log on into paypal and cancel the authorization right there. No contacting SC. No contacting your bank. Just log in and cancel the subscription. Simple and easy.

Last edited:
Back