SoundClick Scam

and at every point you sound like an apologist for soundclick - do you have a conflict of interest to declare - are you an employee or owner of soundclick????

and at every point you sound like an apologist for soundclick - do you have a conflict of interest to declare - are you an employee or owner of soundclick????
i make money from selling beats on soundclick. what is your music centro apologist attitude stem from? are you employed by thisizhot msucicentro or anno domini beats?

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

this design looks familiar Gameday - Wordpress Sports Media Theme Preview - ThemeForest

I actually am not apologising for any one company or person, simply playing devils advocate to understand why you are pushing the negative argument - I am asking questions to get you to explain your reasons for the position you have adopted....

The fact that you keep coming back with information and insights that do not seem to be commonly available and have not responded to the dubious practices of soundclick suggest that you are more than just an interested artist

as for your link tothe sports theme - what is your point????

im no noob. i have been on soundclick for a long time. first as a rapper now a producer. i know all about the "cool club" and the egos and all that drama. all you have to do is follow and friend anyone relevent in the soundclick charts to hear the gossip. all that info is old news so i am guessing you are not in the loop lol

don't want to be; my interests in music are far removed from the beat-game

the info may be old news but that does not make the behaviour right or appropriate or good business.......

Soundclick is not a scam. If you do not like the site, go to another one. :berzerk:

Stop trying to be some internet revolutionary. You are not Che Guevara. You are a slack-jawed musician. Your movement is nothing.

There are plenty of other sites to promote music on. You can even create your own site. There is no huge monolithic corporate overlord trying to control all of the world's music.

Stop being idiots. The internet is the Wild Wild West. Anyone willing to put in the work can build a new website that will eclipse an older one. The truth is that most musicians are too lazy to do anything except complain on social media and blogs. In the meantime, some 12 year old will become a billionaire by 18 while you are still complaining about stupid shit.

Last edited:
like i said i support soundclick. i have never had a problem with them. the one time i contacted them i was polite to them and they were polite to me and all my producer friends have all had good experience with them

anno domini was rude to soundclick in the soundclick forums and did not let up. he was telling everyone on social media he was "leaving soundclick" so i am assuming they just helped him out. packed his bags and opened the door and gave the boot
if i owned a website and someone got rude with me and publicly tried to boycot my site i would delete them too lol

In other news, here's an email conversation I had with ReverbNation support:

ME:
This is the first time I've received a message from you guys saying
that I need to contact you to unlock my account. I typed my password
incorrectly three times before realizing which one I had been using.

ReverbNation:
Hello Ki, Is this the account you're referring to https://www.reverbnation.com/1164203 ?
This account has been suspended indefinitely for violating the Terms & Conditions agreed upon when creating the ReverbNation account.
No further inquiries regarding this account's suspension will be addressed.
Have a nice day.
Regards,
Steven

Billing Support
ReverbNation

I'm at a loss as to which of their Terms and Conditions I didn't abide by. I couldn't get any further responses from them until I eventually asked them to delete my account rather than indefinitely suspending my login.

I took a look through the T&Cs and did find something about not allowing "unsolicited communications", but if everyone was being held to that standard, they'd have to ban nearly every musician on the site!

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Yea. I can dig it.

From my personal experience, a lot of these beat/music sites have a "pull the plug" type of approach ( which is lame IMO ) when it comes to dealing with customers, confrontation, etc.
I understand having that approach with the few irate and aggressive a$$holes you occasionally deal with but to have that approach with everybody is just bad business IMO. I've been active on the web for a minute with this music and I've had my fair share of sites that wouldn't respond to emails, problems with products, etc.. Its bs.

Some of these people like to treat the web like a fukking iron curtain but the truth is its only a matter of time before these bad business practices bite you in the as$.

Recently I purchased a music product from a site ( name withheld ) that just decided to stop responding to me after we hit a few dead ends regarding fixing the product they sold me. I was patient and cordial throughout the entire process of trying to figure it out but I could tell the person on the other end could give 2 sh*ts about fixing the issue.... Take the money and run I guess....

Yea. I can dig it.

From my personal experience, a lot of these beat/music sites have a "pull the plug" type of approach ( which is lame IMO ) when it comes to dealing with customers, confrontation, etc.
I understand having that approach with the few irate and aggressive a$$holes you occasionally deal with but to have that approach with everybody is just bad business IMO. I've been active on the web for a minute with this music and I've had my fair share of sites that wouldn't respond to emails, problems with products, etc.. Its bs.

Some of these people like to treat the web like a fukking iron curtain but the truth is its only a matter of time before these bad business practices bite you in the as$.

Recently I purchased a music product from a site ( name withheld ) that just decided to stop responding to me after we hit a few dead ends regarding fixing the product they sold me. I was patient and cordial throughout the entire process of trying to figure it out but I could tell the person on the other end could give 2 sh*ts about fixing the issue.... Take the money and run I guess....

I was one of the top ReverbNation artists in my genre, always getting selected for a bunch of special VIP placement competitions (in addition to the regular ones which every RN is invited to). I procrastinated on those. I figured I'd keep getting new offers and that I would participate once I had the time. I guess that now I never will. I should have participated!

They get sensitive and butthurt when you start getting to the top of their charts without paying them to get there. They get REALLY butthurt if you figure out how to promote and sell advertising underneath them.
After all, that's how they pay the bills -- they control how their charts work and design the system so that the top positions go to those with the deepest pockets.

I'm a little irritated now because I had invested lots of time and money on the site, and probably 90% of my new client leads came from there. New business is going to really dry up if I don't find something which works just as well or better.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
^^ Is it possible for you to just create a new identity on their site? (eg: sign up again / different email )

If it was really a great resource for you, why not go that route?

I personally never had too much luck on that site so I never really put too much emphasis on it.

But if I was in your position I might reconsider....

^^ Is it possible for you to just create a new identity on their site? (eg: sign up again / different email )

If it was really a great resource for you, why not go that route?

I personally never had too much luck on that site so I never really put too much emphasis on it.

But if I was in your position I might reconsider....

Well, they were extremely vague and hush-hush about why they kicked me in the first place. I'd be worried that they'd just do it again. Not really sure what I did wrong. I got high up in the charts (around #395 worldwide, all genres considered) without paying them. That's the only thing I can think of.

I don't think that RN is the only place where I can be successful in bringing in leads.

-Ki
Salem Beats

They get sensitive and butthurt when you start getting to the top of their charts without paying them to get there. They get REALLY butthurt if you figure out how to promote and sell advertising underneath them.
After all, that's how they pay the bills -- they control how their charts work and design the system so that the top positions go to those with the deepest pockets.

You should have threw them some money. That is how business works. Everybody wants a cut.

Going back to the original topic:

anno domini beats whined to soundclick, and pissed them off.

If SoundClick (or any other website) deleted +300 beats from your page without a warning, wouldn't you email them and ask why they did that? Yes you would. That's the only thing Anno Domini did. There's nothing wrong asking politely.

Well of course he got pissed off about that and he posted about that on his Facebook page. He sent emails to SoundClick asking what happened because they didn't reply. Still nothing.

Then Anno Domini decided to leave SoundClick and he put up a text to his SoundClick page that he's leaving and go to our websites if you want to stay up-to-date. SoundClick banned his account.

That's all I know about this thing and I've personally worked with AD for many years.

Last edited:

If SoundClick (or any other website) deleted +300 beats from your page without a warning, wouldn't you email them and ask why they did that? Yes you would. That's the only thing Anno Domini did. There's nothing wrong asking politely.

Well of course he got pissed off about that and he posted about that on his Facebook page. He sent emails to SoundClick asking what happened because they didn't reply. Still nothing.

Then Anno Domini decided to leave SoundClick and he put up a text to his SoundClick page that he's leaving and go to our websites if you want to stay up-to-date. SoundClick banned his account.

That's all I know about this thing and I've personally worked with AD for many years.

Keep in mind: There's always 3 sides to every story. What he said, what she said and what really happened....

what i was referring to was the original soundclick forum post and i can not seem to find it anymore. i think soundclick removed it from the forums. he was very rude to them demanding they answer him when they did not have to. they did not want to publicly promote the soundclick promotion annos company was doing to soundclick community. i understand that.
also if you claim you are "leaving" a website that would mean "deleting" your account. anno did not do that. he still wanted the soundclick traffic and sales. he publicly called for a site wide boycot of soundclick while claiming he didn't need them and was "leaving" and they helped him out. if he was leaving anyway why did it matter it his account or beats was removed?

there is such a thing as due process and natural justice, neither of which seem to be in the vocabulary or corporate culture of soundclick - "you challenge/criticise/offend us we delete and ban you" seems to be their accepted operating paradigm, "oh, and we can insult you or otherwise treat you poorly for no reason whatsoever"

it may be the internetz but they still reside in a physical country and are subject to all of the laws relating to consumer protections and process prevalent in that jurisdiction - there are some consumer protections that cannot be removed by a simple EULA or terms of Service agreement no matter what your lawyers may tell you to the contrary......

You should have threw them some money. That is how business works. Everybody wants a cut.

What if I had thrown them some money, and then they disconnected me at the end of the campaign? Keep in mind that they never told me why they disconnected me, and informed me that they would NEVER tell me why they disconnected me. Fishy.

-Ki
Salem Beats

there is such a thing as due process and natural justice, neither of which seem to be in the vocabulary or corporate culture of soundclick - "you challenge/criticise/offend us we delete and ban you" seems to be their accepted operating paradigm, "oh, and we can insult you or otherwise treat you poorly for no reason whatsoever"
if you claim you are leaving a website and plan on boycotting and taking as many members with you as possible in an attempt to destroy the website you do not think website has right to remove your content? after publicly announcing you leaving the website do not be surprised if you show back up and your stuff is all gone
if in marriage and you claim you do not like your wife and will leave and you come back home to find locks changed and divorce papers on the door who is to blaim. wife?

Back