Should I have seperate soundcloud's pages for different genres

PeterWinger

I make beats and electronic music and I was wondering if it would be more effective to separate them so people would get what they are looking for. I have three electronic albums and some single beats and a beat tape and I feel its overwhelming having different styles on one soundcloud page, any advice is appreciated :)

why differentiate if they are all under the same artist name? such differentiation will actually dilute your brand rather than solidify it

That's what I was thinking, I'm just using my actual name to build presence as a producer and I'd rather not separate my work.

If you accurately tag your music then use one profile, it can only strengthen your image as a producer as being versatile.

I would keep the same account for everything. Being versatile is good and you wont lose followers because of it. One thing you could do is make separate playlists for each genre and put them on your spotlight (if you have a pro user account).

I don't see the point. If you tag the tracks right, there shouldn't be any confusion when people check your page. Being versatile is an advantage. Someone looking for beats might take a shot at one of the EDM songs, and vice versa.

Back