Sending Free Beats to Famous Rappers

SORRI DENTE

Do producers do it? I dont care about being paid, all I want is to hear a good rapper on a beat I produced. What are the chances getting it done?
(Not talking about rappers like 50 cent or Joel Ortiz but less known for example Ruste Juxx or Black Poet)

Thanks in advance!

These days, most underground rappers with a dying buzz aren't gonna have much in the budget dept. They're still gonna be looking for beats. Track them down thru twitter or management contacts. See what happens.

^^Not a good business model. (referring to the op)

#jusSayin

You gotta think long term.

Lets say [in the slim chance] that a big artist picks up your track and makes a hit record with it -------

Where does that leave you?

What does that leave you?

How will you feel knowing that [big name artist] is generating money through multiple revenue streams and advancing his / her career while you are still in the trenches with no credit or $$$ to show for it?

#thinkAboutIt

Never "give" your stuff away free and clear.

There are better ways to approach it.

$.02

Last edited:
Do producers do it? I dont care about being paid, all I want is to hear a good rapper on a beat I produced. What are the chances getting it done?
(Not talking about rappers like 50 cent or Joel Ortiz but less known for example Ruste Juxx or Black Poet)

Thanks in advance!
it;s possible it happens

I wouldn't spend too too much time on a thing like this. Maybe thirty minutes once a week.

As long as you're good at networking, you can find tons of great artists on places like Twitter and SoundCloud.

You have to approach them in a helping way to get them to work with you, but at least you'll get some good people on your stuff.

When I was going to MMI, there was a kid at my school telling me his friend made a beat in about 30 minutes ironically. It was pure shit. Basically just a drumkit and one synth. They made it as a joke.

Later, an up and coming pop/rap fusion artist bought the beat for something like 30,000 dollars.

I don't remember the song, but that's an example of where networking gets you. He didn't seek to actively sell that beat. He just made music and made fans.

When I was going to MMI, there was a kid at my school telling me his friend made a beat in about 30 minutes ironically. It was pure shit. Basically just a drumkit and one synth. They made it as a joke.

Later, an up and coming pop/rap fusion artist bought the beat for something like 30,000 dollars.

I don't remember the song, but that's an example of where networking gets you. He didn't seek to actively sell that beat. He just made music and made fans.
Yeah those things do happen. Similar to Crank Dat Soulja Boy!

Back