Sell more beats... Seriously.

A

alkota

I'm going to start this off by saying... this does work. How do I know? Because I am doing it actively. 2 years ago, I created the Akai and SP1200 Flash Drives, dropping the TR-808 this month. I never imagined how many of my favorite producers and artists would end up using these things. I got Just Blaze, Nottz, DJ Premier, Marco Polo, Large Pro, M-Phazes, and many more using my custom flash drives.

Shopping beats via e-mail is IMO very unproductive. It can work if you have heat, but often times... your tracks get lost in a slew of beats before the email address is abandoned all together.

When I'm submitting beats, to serious labels/artists, I load up my catalog and throw it on a flash drive and mail it. Yes, it costs more money than a CD or an E-Mail, but the reaction you get when someone opens a package addressed to them with a little gift... is worth its weight in gold. Worse case scenario, if you don't sell a beat... you make a legit contact and ENGAGE a real human being.

When I sell an exclusive beat, I load the Pro Tools/Tracked out session onto a flash drive and send it to the artist FREE as a value added bonus.

There are a million ways producers and beatmakers can sell more beats, but you have to think outside the box. Get your head outside of the whole internet, email, twitter, facebook hyper competative cluster ****. Get back to basics... good marketing is understanding your customer and giving them some that add's VALUE to the service you provide (production, mixing, etc.)

That being said, I do custom mods on my drives and can put your logo/website/producer name. If you are serious about marketing yourself get @ me. See attached images for examples.

Good luck and keep making dope beats!
mpcopen.jpgrawcutzsp1200.jpg

I saw these on your site... but what do you think about selling them for $20 instead of the $30.. I think that's what you sell them for...but yeah I love these and I'm not hating.. I guessing once you factor in the production cost of the flash drive you had to sell them at that certain price pont????

I'm going to start this off by saying... this does work. How do I know? Because I am doing it actively. 2 years ago, I created the Akai and SP1200 Flash Drives, dropping the TR-808 this month. I never imagined how many of my favorite producers and artists would end up using these things. I got Just Blaze, Nottz, DJ Premier, Marco Polo, Large Pro, M-Phazes, and many more using my custom flash drives.

Shopping beats via e-mail is IMO very unproductive. It can work if you have heat, but often times... your tracks get lost in a slew of beats before the email address is abandoned all together.

When I'm submitting beats, to serious labels/artists, I load up my catalog and throw it on a flash drive and mail it. Yes, it costs more money than a CD or an E-Mail, but the reaction you get when someone opens a package addressed to them with a little gift... is worth its weight in gold. Worse case scenario, if you don't sell a beat... you make a legit contact and ENGAGE a real human being.

When I sell an exclusive beat, I load the Pro Tools/Tracked out session onto a flash drive and send it to the artist FREE as a value added bonus.

There are a million ways producers and beatmakers can sell more beats, but you have to think outside the box. Get your head outside of the whole internet, email, twitter, facebook hyper competative cluster ****. Get back to basics... good marketing is understanding your customer and giving them some that add's VALUE to the service you provide (production, mixing, etc.)

That being said, I do custom mods on my drives and can put your logo/website/producer name. If you are serious about marketing yourself get @ me. See attached images for examples.

View attachment 32347View attachment 32348

Awesome marketing idea! You're definitely adding value and giving yourself a competitive advantage by going the extra mile!

View attachment 32347View attachment 32348

Its funny I though about using flash drives some time ago. Dope! But IMO its only a 50/50 chance that this is a good idea. A flash drive is suspectible to viruses and malware and stuff the LABEL people dont want. Its always a chance, even with a cd. IMO If i were a label id take a cd more so than a drive because i dont want my computer messed up. That means they would have to get a tech to check out the drive on a diff computer before loading into their own computer.

But im just pointing out a point, by all means do ya thang!
#Trilltrax

I like your flash drives....
I'm actually going to use my own flash drive with my company's name on it....which I'm going to get through discmakers

So these are custom case with generic internals ?
Do Akai know you are using their name and selling products under it ?

No dis intended. your ideals are very creative.
I know this will sound ignorant to some but its real.

I wish people that sell beats would sell drugs at one point in there life.
everyone hustles differently. theres nothing wrong with giving out testies but it seems like to many people are
straight up giving away there product in hopes of getting someone hook on them. if you can understand that a fen will more times then not go to whoever they can get over on and except there shorts but will come to you proper and walk miles for that fishscale. And if enterainment isnt the biggest fix in the world you tell me what is.

Back