REPUTATION (and building a fanbase)

ScottPiff

(scroll down for the main point)

hey, ive been makin beats for a little bit over a year, and i feel ive hit a wall.

Lets say 8 months ago, i post a vid showin my beats on some random msg board, and get no replies. or even worse barely any views. i say eff it and move on to the next.

i have only a couple artists that i do work with. One is actually pretty talented but with the last video(with visuals) he posted up, it had my beat and i posted it as well. Altogether on facebook we got a total of 10 views last night? out of 1100(250 on my end) friends total lol thats even WORSE than people not liking it.

i mean, yea i got paid for the lease and all, but we both in the same area and it looks bad if people just dont CARE, you feel me.
------------------------------------------

So what im trying to get at from that sob story is this. im at no point in my beat making to set aside another career i'm pursuing to do music 100 percent, neither financially or mentally. Im trying to build relationships not only with respectable artists that want to pay for and use my work, but with people that regardless of who they listen to, enjoy hearing my music. I just put together that im going to start packaging beat tapes and just passing them around to everyone who i see and respect as having a good taste in music. but i need more ways of building my REPUTATION of someone who makes good music that one should feel inclined to listen to. I dont wanna be rich and famous overnight, Im just trying to set a goal for myself. At the same time, i would like to know good ways to build one's network.

Any ideas are very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

contact me
here's my info
The Walking on Water Coach Antonio aka fataltone

check out my thread here
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-links-resources-indie-artists-labels-364398/
and my other threads in this section
I do PR and business coaching,general consulting as well providing organizational coaching(which will give you more time in your work day and personal life)
if you want to take your career to new heights as a media professional please contact me
this is what I do

I provide services that get indie labels, artists and producers and all media professionals more publicity and profits

my process works as so
1.create a relationship with you(business owner)
2.help you birth a vision, or refine your vision(brainstorming sessions)
3.help you lay out a plan(online/street team plan,business plan,marketing plan,public relation plan,organization plan) and general and detailed plans for music professionals
4.help you stay motivated and on a timeline
5.show you how to enjoy your success and build upon it

also providing coaching/consulting on
marketing
salesmanship
professionalism
sure fire networking
faith and entertainment
leadership
time management/organization
niche market research
Q & A Music Business/Law Consultation
Recording/Producer Studio design/organization(includes equipment suggestions for your budget)

reminder results are determined by your actions

HolyLamb Media & Entertainment Coaching and Consulting
Let's build a relationship to build your success

Affordable Services with Quality results
contact me here on package and one on one pricing
or at
holy_lamb_media_entertainment@hotmail.com

P.S. I do one freebie general Q & A consultation
so you can test my abilities to improve your success and knowledge

Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.

Prov. 13:11
YOU GOT DEAD PRESIDENTS, BUT I GOT A LIVING GOD

Lets say 8 months ago, i post a vid showin my beats on some random msg board, and get no replies. or even worse barely any views. i say eff it and move on to the next.

i have only a couple artists that i do work with. One is actually pretty talented but with the last video(with visuals) he posted up, it had my beat and i posted it as well. Altogether on facebook we got a total of 10 views last night? out of 1100(250 on my end) friends total lol thats even WORSE than people not liking it.

i mean, yea i got paid for the lease and all, but we both in the same area and it looks bad if people just dont CARE, you feel me.

Keep grindin, you cain't give up. Step outside the box. Do shit other mufucas ain't doin. One thing, as a producer you're not gonna have actual fans as uh artist would. Artists are the ones who should be your fans. You gotta do more then FB. I don't even be on there like that no more less I gotta get in touch with one uh my niggas. But half the shit ppl post ppl really don't care. That's the honest truth. You have to do somethin that makes them care. That makes em wanna watch yo video. Or listen to the song you produced. Just keep grindin..

1.start to work with local artist(s) really to start get a relationship with a artist with talent...talent his talent...become a producer not a beatmaker
2.make a stellar EP put it on CDbaby include singles for sale
3.Make sure you get up a website for the artist as well Musician Websites | Author Websites | Build Music Website | HostBaby best tools included in the website for artists
4.make sure you make the approciate legal documents
5.most important research your niche market
6.get every friend,family member,associate,co-worker to buy one of your song on CDbaby which distributes to all the best digital stores and 2,500 brick and mortar stores
if you and the artist you produce know 10,000 ppl and you get half to buy your EP that's priced at $2.99 you'll probably get $1.75 to $2.00 from each
5000units(x)2.00=$10,000 and if you and your artist split equally iit's $5,000 each
you get the idea...set your price where you'll get at least $2.00 for each unit
the hope is to sell this amount in a 3 month period or maximum 6 months
if you can do this every 6 monts and increase your sells by 20%
5000(x)20%=1000 more units so 6000x$2.00=$12,000
the hope is that you want to sell 10,000 units per EP ...working yourself up to mixtapes then to album
7.make sure youhave professional photos,artwork for each track,EP,and mixtape,and then your first album release
8.DON'T BE UNPROFESSIONAL BY NOT INVESTING IN YOUR MUSIC BUSINESS

what I listed here is just simple stuff for the real deal
take me up on my services sir....
you won't be disappointed
my info is in my first post

Back