question:how to get in touch with artists / labels

hallo ,
i am producing rnb instrumentals. and i have a question: how can i get in touch with artists or labels. maybe there is the opportunity for a collaboration. if there is interest i can send you a demo mp3. hope to get some replies.

Last edited:
Here are just a tips to get you started.

hallo ,
i am producing rnb instrumentals. and i have a question: how can i get in touch with artists or labels. maybe there is the opportunity for a collaboration. if there is interest i can send you a demo mp3. hope to get some replies.

1. Build a website with an online store that generates sales and music business leads to follow up on daily.
  2. Use social networks to share content and interact with people directly to prove your real presence online.
  3. Get referrals from recording studios, management companies and music organizations and others by asking.
  4. Continue to develop, grow and adapt as times change in this business, keep your skills sharper than others.
  5. Stay consistent, even when efforts seem to go unrewarded, keep searching for artists and labels to work with.
  6. Find out what listeners like from you and your compositions, continue to improve your sound and playing style.
  7. Learn what elite sales people do to earn a living selling and apply those strategies to your everyday activities.

Last edited:
  1. Build a website with an online store that generates sales and music business leads to follow up on daily.
  2. Use social networks to share content and interact with people directly to prove your real presence online.
  3. Get referrals from recording studios, management companies and music organizations and others by asking.
  4. Continue to develop, grow and adapt as times change in this business, keep your skills sharper than others.
  5. Stay consistent, even when efforts seem to go unrewarded, keep searching for artists and labels to work with.
  6. Find out what listeners like from you and your compositions, continue to improve your sound and playing style.
  7. Learn what elite sales people do to earn a living selling and apply those strategies to your everyday activities.

he's right. all this will help. i personally do not want a website right now so what i did was create an EPK (electronic presskit) which shows what i've done, who i am, and where i'm going
with my music. it pretty much acts as my website and its free. it has his limitations but that's only because i haven't paid for its unlimited resources yet. but it helps. check them out. http://presskit.to

if you want to reach people of that caliber you're going to have to pay. and the best site to do it with to me is Sell Beats Online | Buy Beats Online | Rap Beats | Instrumentals. $30/month and its less if you select an bi-annual or annual membership.

This information is golden if you build your brand you will not have a problems finding an artist to work with or label. When you build a buzz they will come looking for you!!!

Last edited:
Here's an idea! Use social marketing (FB , Twitter, Google, Bing ads) or video marketing (youtube, vimeo, daily motion, etc.) to drive traffic to a squeeze page on a website (even the free ones) that gives them a sample of say 5 - 8 beats. In order for them to get the samples they have to opt-in to your mailing list. Once you grow your mailing list which will be full of artists, managers, labels, etc. you will have the ability to directly market to them. Another option is to create a mobile website or an app that does the same (has a squeeze page). It's a known fact that everyone's phone is within reaching distance. Imagine being able to contact them at any given time using email marketing, sms marketing or push notifications. Hit me up if you are interested in more information. Peace!

Back