Production on Album

UpNext100

Sup, im about to have about 4-5 beats in an album. A record label is helping the artist with a budget for beats, mixing, studio time.. As a producer, I need to know how much I have to sell my beats, do I need a manager, will I have to sign a contract, the artist lives in London (I live in Canada), is there a problem with the process? Well I need to know everything i have to know. Thanks

Sup, im about to have about 4-5 beats in an album. A record label is helping the artist with a budget for beats, mixing, studio time.. As a producer, I need to know how much I have to sell my beats, do I need a manager, will I have to sign a contract, the artist lives in London (I live in Canada), is there a problem with the process? Well I need to know everything i have to know. Thanks

Yes you will have to sign a contract. Make sure that you sure up your points and your publishing from the songs. I suggest you get an entertainment attorney. Your track price should based upon the budget they have allotted for production. Im sure its not a high budget situation but lets say if the budget fore beats is 30,000 and they want 4 to 5 beats on a 10 song album. You should negotiate to get at least half of that because you already producing half the album. So that would get you 3000 a track. which is reasonable for any newer producer. Now if you have credibility then that number jumps incredibly. but lets start around anywhere from 1000 to 3000 a track. depending upon their budget. Now on the back end you should have a lawyer and a manager negotiating your royalty points and your publishing. But thats another post.

Back