Producers who have sold beats (lease or exclusive), do you copyright your music?

I've been corresponding with this producer who told me he hasn't ever copyrighted his music because, but he has sold quite a few beats. I thought this sounded strange, so I'm seeing what FP thinks. Do you copyright everything? Only beats you put up for sale? Nothing? Im interested to know how people handle their business.

I copyright everything before letting people hear what I got. I don't care if they pay me $1 million for the beat, it's my intellectual property, forever.

Last edited:
I copyright everything before letting people hear what I got. I don't care if they pay me $1 million for the beat, it's my intellectual property, forever.
Well said JC that is what I would do if I would release or put anything on a website.

Copyright. I used to be timid to send off beat samples thru emails. Because they could just loop it and have a full song, add more elements and copyright as their own. But I have the original logs on my computer that i learned about. But ieventually spent the money and copyrighted a batch of beats under a compilation.

I also submit beats to majors frequently, so if I got a placement with them, they would have contracts and everything more concrete and in depth than mine are.

I appreciate all the responses. I've looked at multiple places and I cant find a concrete number on how many songs you can copy at once, and how much it costs to do that. Anybody have any info?

I dont think theres a limit if you upload as a compilation, thats what i did. Costs $35

The price just went up that is all I think it is 45 dollars now to CR.

$45?! Seriously..wait...ok cool..haha..Thats crazy though, the beginning of the summer it was $35 #inflation

depends if like money or not and all somebody has to do is is steal your tracks from soun youtube and make millinos while your still busting you butt.......yes its my 20 th post not sure im going get banned yet bt oh well

Back