Producers BEWARE and ...(Producers MUST READ!!)

That's true most of this rappers are only looking for free beats, and end up doing nothing great with them when you send them beats....
But that's not the point, the point is you as a producer should demand something back cus, it takes time and a lot of energy to make beats so, you shouldn't just give away your product like that!
Home
@Rico_bdz

I used to be bipolar on this issue. don't make the same mistake I did. I was selling beats until i hit a major dip in sales. I started handing out a few beats for free hoping I would carry on generating hype but word quickly spread that i was "that guy" and later that year when I started charging again, Freebie Hunters started reminding me about what I had been doing. Took me a while to shake that reputation. Needless to say Im selling again and I'll never try that stunt again.

If people cant pay, let them go save up. If you can't afford shoes, you save up cause you really want them.

true...true...

it just sucks sometimes though because it's more about the MONEY than it is the MUSIC.

well it could be more about the music if the music that you would give free beats for was actually getting heard beyond that's rapper's studio session and his crew/family hearing it
ppl want their material to be heard for credibilty or they want to monetize their craft through leases,exclusives, and/or licensing

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Last edited:
true...it really is EITHER OR...paper, credibility, or BOTH

both is always the goal but credit can lead to clients that pay

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

true...true...

it just sucks sometimes though because it's more about the MONEY than it is the MUSIC.

unfortunately It will always be about the money in my opinion. It always has been and always will be, there really just isnt any way around it to be honest. We live in a world that is driven off of money and we all want money. Producers, Rappers , Engineers.. we are all in the same boat and want to get paid for what we do. I dont think there is a single person that wouldnt want to get paid, event he people that say they do this as a "hobby" (like another guy said on this thread). i bet he would still take a check for a beat if the artist offered it too him. Money Money Money

Back