Potential Beat Customers HELP!

Shawndmusic

Aight, I'm looking for a website or forum, where I can find Potential beat customers.. Or somehow get them to visit my site. If you got any suggestions or know how to do it, Help me please!

Thanks in advance!

- ShawnDiamond

There isn't one place where you can find migrated beat customers... it's not that simple.

Setup an account on literally every social website you can think of (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, SoundCloud, Soundclick, YouTube, Reverbnation, etc.) then after setting them all up, choose which ones you are comfortable with maintaining and updating frequently, then stick with those. The more sites you're registered on, the more of an audience you will get, but don't do anything with any sites you won't frequently maintain. For example, I didn't even bother making a MySpace account and probably won't because I don't like MySpace personally and I know I won't be on it enough to update it to make it worth looking at.

Next should come your own website. I am in the process of setting up my own website for my beats. I am designing everything from the graphics to the layout myself. There are definitely some cheaper options out there when it comes to websites.

Once you have everything setup and your beats are online, advertise the **** out. Make business cards, burn tons of beat tapes, hand them out in person (that's your best and easiest option). Register on forums, get your reputation on them and then put a link to your site in your signature. The key is to get the message out as MUCH AS POSSIBLE... The more time you spend marketing yourself = higher traffic yield = REVENUE.

Good luck man. It's not easy, I'm just in the middle of this process myself, but I have a vision that I'm chasing down.

Last edited:
there isn't one place where you can find migrated beat customers... It's not that simple.

Setup an account on literally every social website you can think of (i.e. Twitter, facebook, myspace, soundcloud, soundclick, youtube, reverbnation, etc.) then after setting them all up, choose which ones you are comfortable with maintaining and updating frequently, then stick with those. The more sites you're registered on, the more of an audience you will get, but don't do anything with any sites you won't frequently maintain. For example, i didn't even bother making a myspace account and probably won't because i don't like myspace personally and i know i won't be on it enough to update it to make it worth looking at.

Next should come your own website. I am in the process of setting up my own website for my beats. I am designing everything from the graphics to the layout myself. There are definitely some cheaper options out there when it comes to websites.

Once you have everything setup and your beats are online, advertise the **** out. Make business cards, burn tons of beat tapes, hand them out in person (that's your best and easiest option). Register on forums, get your reputation on them and then put a link to your site in your signature. The key is to get the message out as much as possible... The more time you spend marketing yourself = higher traffic yield = revenue.

Good luck man. It's not easy, i'm just in the middle of this process myself, but i have a vision that i'm chasing down.

well said!!

Back