Ownership

Q&A all Day

Hello!
Can you please tell me what should I do if someone is selling songs on iTunes using my beats and are not giving me the credit.Basically it started as collaboration,but now he's using those songs like he made the beats as well.Sorry for my English and I hope you understand my situation.
I appreciate your answers.

Hmmm. I don't really know, I am not a music lawyer, nor do I know the exact details around your situation. But you could try this: Apple - Legal - iTunes Content Dispute

You can file a complaint with Apple over content dispute. Maybe that will at least get it off the store. Not sure how it works though as I've never gone through the process.

This legal stuff gets tricky. If you don't know anything about basic copyright law etc, I'd at least perform some google searches on the topic so you don't run into these situations again. If you are uninformed in the music business, you will get taken advantage of. Learn how to protect yourself.
Goodluck

contact the producer and artist first
can you produce session/project files
did you sign any documents before trading files for the collab???
take care of business first next time
you might need to let this go
but like I mention contact them(the producer and artist) and be respectful when you do
you may be able to get credit and future royalities

Back