Online Marketing

RexWhatever

I recently got very serious about being a DJ/producer, I'm intrigued about some of the methods you guys have used to promote yourselves online. I'm new to using forums (which may or may not be obvious), but I want to know some other ways of getting myself out there. I have the standard pages (Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud), but are there any other ways you guys have found success?

Truthfully, unless you are prepared to dump a lot of money and time into online promotion your best bet would be to just use online as an extension of your offline efforts. (eg: Build up a buzz in the physical world and then people will search for you in these social networks online )

If your music is good and you remain consistent in your efforts people will spread your music because they like it and you'll notice progress over time.
That's how it works.

Being/Getting known takes time.

Also: If you are DJing put your contact info on the flyers. This will get you huge exposure.

Good Luck.

I recently got very serious about being a DJ/producer, I'm intrigued about some of the methods you guys have used to promote yourselves online. I'm new to using forums (which may or may not be obvious), but I want to know some other ways of getting myself out there. I have the standard pages (Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud), but are there any other ways you guys have found success?

I use a twitter for most of my marketing. The best thing to do

1. Pick 1 or 2 social media platforms.
2. Understand how they work
3. Dial in on a market
4. Cater to that market

The followers, fans, supporters and partnerships will come

5. Repeat 3 and 4

That's what it all boils down to regardless of how you decide to market, online or offline.

Back