is this Normal starting In the Industry?????

does this sound suspect... i been wanting to start my own production/label company . i been making beats for ages now and i only recently decided to start cashing in , now soon as i got seriouse about things i notice a lot of strange behaviour coming from associates who i been working for (free). i was told by a ceo of a label thats interesting in working with me (for free) that its just to much work and that i should sign to them as a production company ( work for free) mind you no contracts have been discussed and it feels like im being told what to do already and that i should dedicate to working only with the artist they provide (,little kids that jus because they speak slang they think they can rap)

im also an emcee and i take my craft very seriously and it infuriates me to see the web get flooded with so much garbage from no talant having all about you tube hits wannabe wankstas .. im outting together my own team and gonna hit the music hard . But im curious to know what you guys think of this situation...you know you always hear people saying there gonna blow and and that you working for them is a privillige and that other bullshit....

in my oppinion from what ive seen this label has a lot of attention seeking people who are running around and expecting the producers to do shit for free as i kept streesing before=)
whats up with that?

thank you

does this sound suspect... i been wanting to start my own production/label company . i been making beats for ages now and i only recently decided to start cashing in , now soon as i got seriouse about things i notice a lot of strange behaviour coming from associates who i been working for (free). i was told by a ceo of a label thats interesting in working with me (for free) that its just to much work and that i should sign to them as a production company ( work for free) mind you no contracts have been discussed and it feels like im being told what to do already and that i should dedicate to working only with the artist they provide (,little kids that jus because they speak slang they think they can rap)

you answered our own questions. its bullshit, tell him to **** himself and eat a dick

What was the guy referring to as 'too much work'?

If a CEO of any company tells me something is too much work, my warning signals go off before money or the lack of money is even brought up. Sounds lazy and unprofessional.

Which is alright if they are paying you anyway but if your working free I wouldn expect them to get me anywhere or advance my career.

Last edited:

im also an emcee and i take my craft very seriously and it infuriates me to see the web get flooded with so much garbage from no talant having all about you tube hits wannabe wankstas .. im outting together my own team and gonna hit the music hard . But im curious to know what you guys think of this situation...you know you always hear people saying there gonna blow and and that you working for them is a privillige and that other bullshit....

in my oppinion from what ive seen this label has a lot of attention seeking people who are running around and expecting the producers to do shit for free as i kept streesing before=)
whats up with that?

thank you

You can do one or two things.

1. Be professional and do not lower yourself by acting out of hand. Start your own business do not let them know about it, get yourself establish and while you are doing that network with the people they are hooking you up with.

2. Start your business and let them know you need to get paid for your work if they are getting money from your work.

Back