Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: nonexclusive beats?

NexxMusik is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Honestly im blessed to have a producer that believes in my movement. The advise i can suggest to any new artist is to avoid leasing/ non exclusive beats. For one it shows the lack of commitment that you have in your own craft. Leasing a beat is like rent a car, yeah you have it but it can be taken back at anytime. Also you get what you paid for, and just know if you leased the beat , what not to say a 100 other folks have the same beat.

pdagambla1 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I agree 100% fam...gotta get your own sound to break away from the BS

Quote Originally Posted by NexxMusik View Post
    Honestly im blessed to have a producer that believes in my movement. The advise i can suggest to any new artist is to avoid leasing/ non exclusive beats. For one it shows the lack of commitment that you have in your own craft. Leasing a beat is like rent a car, yeah you have it but it can be taken back at anytime. Also you get what you paid for, and just know if you leased the beat , what not to say a 100 other folks have the same beat.
    http://www.beatstars.com - Buy and Sell beats utilizing the BeatStars Marketplace, Facebook app and Mobile apps, FREE!

StupidxDope is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I totally agree.
    Need #Beats For Your Next Project? http://soundclick.com/stupidxdope

profixproduction is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I also agree
    Check my on https://soundcloud.com/profixproducent

RetroProductions88 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 73* View Post
    Word!

I personaly believe that those producers selling non-exclusive beats are just there to take advantage of young artist that are foolish enough to think that with 10 or 15 beats, a mic, they will become the next 50cent.

On a side note this line of thinking could easily be used to discredit the sampling of previously recorded matierial...

Well said

Josh Row is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I think the reason that licencing a beat works is that most artists who pay $20 for a beat online will never be heard outside the people in their neighborhood. Lets be honest here, how many artists do you know with big dreams, who cut an album only to sell less than 100. Why does a rapper in Atlanta care if someone else in Phoenix did a track with the same beat? Licensing can be an inexpensive way to put out some quality tracks and build momentum. Then the artist can pool some cash to buy exclusive beats.

americabeatz is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    got you bro

BigDirtz is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    realtalk right here
    NEW BANGER Conspiracy HIP HOP!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7_TutSeeks

pdagambla1 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Row View Post
    I think the reason that licencing a beat works is that most artists who pay $20 for a beat online will never be heard outside the people in their neighborhood. Lets be honest here, how many artists do you know with big dreams, who cut an album only to sell less than 100. Why does a rapper in Atlanta care if someone else in Phoenix did a track with the same beat? Licensing can be an inexpensive way to put out some quality tracks and build momentum. Then the artist can pool some cash to buy exclusive beats.
    Thats right Josh. I actually know many artists that started out purchasing non-exclusive beats and making a huge name for themselves on the mixtape sites and social sites. Its the best way to create a buzz for yourself in this on-demand world of content. If you cant flood the marketplace with content then you are not going to survive and non-exclusive beats help fill that void.
    http://www.beatstars.com - Buy and Sell beats utilizing the BeatStars Marketplace, Facebook app and Mobile apps, FREE!

DLSBEATS is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Personally non-exclusive or leasing beats are a good opportunity and the good thing it is an automatic side thing that could turn customers into exclusive buyers when they're successful. While you sell leasing beats you can still focus 100% on the exclusive business.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread Information