Need Some Advice Regarding Beat Selling

deeezbeats

IG: sogoldenmemes
When I started off 3 months ago (including the learning period) I was pretty excited making beats and I kept consistent with it. I managed to make around 23 decent beats within 7 weeks which reinforced my incorrect technique. Once realizing i'm making way more beats than selling(0 sales btw) I'm starting to question everything im doing. I manage around 50-100 views on the days I advertise. Idk if im doing anything wrong or if the beat market just isnt what I thought it was. Should I slow down beat production to focus on other things that need attention? If so, what is it?

Thanks to those who read this here are my beats https://soundcloud.com/deeezbeats-1

Last edited:
i can put money that 99% producers didn't make a sale 23 beats in, you gotta put more work in. i would say focus on getting better at production.

i can put money that 99% producers didn't make a sale 23 beats in, you gotta put more work in. i would say focus on getting better at production.
Thanks for replying. I would say my producing has increased alot since I first started, but I keep thinking I could make 100 beats within 6 months or so but what good will it do for me if I dont even sell any? Or what if I only sell 5/100 beats? I just wanna know what direction I can go from here so I can get some results or at least hope that things will get better in the future. Im not neccesarily in a rush I just wanna know what works and what doesnt.

Last edited:
Just keep pumping them out and keep improving and the selling part will come. If you're only doing it for the money stop now, but if you do it for the music just keep at it and be patient

Just keep pumping them out and keep improving and the selling part will come. If you're only doing it for the money stop now, but if you do it for the music just keep at it and be patient
I hope so bro. I do it for both since I thought I was made for producing because its the only thing i'm passionate about, I guess i'll just be patient. I might have to slow down on my beat production though since quantity doesnt seem to be the most important factor as I thought.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying. I would say my producing has increased alot since I first started, but I keep thinking I could make 100 beats within 6 months or so but what good will it do for me if I dont even sell any? Or what if I only sell 5/100 beats? I just wanna know what direction I can go from here so I can get some results or at least hope that things will get better in the future. Im not neccesarily in a rush I just wanna know what works and what doesnt.

great music and great branding works. you gotta realize there's thousands of producers out there, most of them are giving away tacks or selling so cheap that they might as well give them away.
at the end of day your a business and need to keep that in mind when try to sell your product (your music).
when it comes to your music and branding/promo, what are you doing that makes you different? (or makes people buy your product)

you're just getting started so i would recommend focusing on the music and learning the industry before anything else.

great music and great branding works. you gotta realize there's thousands of producers out there, most of them are giving away tacks or selling so cheap that they might as well give them away.
at the end of day your a business and need to keep that in mind when try to sell your product (your music).
when it comes to your music and branding/promo, what are you doing that makes you different? (or makes people buy your product)

you're just getting started so i would recommend focusing on the music and learning the industry before anything else.
Only thing I can say that makes me different is my music I guess, I don't try making beats that sound like others. I usally just start with a sound and do what I can. I was hoping that eventually someone would realise it.

Last edited:
20 in 7 weeks isn't a lot you should be able to bang out 20 in a month no problem, keep the quantity up it's the only way you'll improve. If you're only 3 months in you're getting a little ahead of yourself. I made beats for 3 years before I sold one. Just keep at it don't let the money be your motivator. Try to link up with some rappers and work with them, most likely unpaid, but you can get finished songs out of it to help promote yourself. I can't stress enough tho, the market is weak and beats are a dime a dozen so if you're just looking to get paid find another hustle. But pay your dues and put in work and it'll pay off.

Only thing I can say that makes me different is my music I guess, I don't try making beats that sound like others. I usally just start with a sound and do what I can. I was hoping that eventually someone would realise it.

your beats don't have to sound like others, but they should be able to compete, feel me?
producing is about crafting a record, not just throwing a bunch a different sounds/melodies together and sequence them.
studying music, studying producers, studying gear and techniques are all needed. it's going to take a couple years before you really get the hang of it.

producing is about crafting a record, not just throwing a bunch a different sounds/melodies together and sequence them.
studying music, studying producers, studying gear and techniques are all needed. it's going to take a couple years before you really get the hang of it.
I get what your saying but its not as complicated as you put it. Unless your talking about mixing/mastering then thats where i'd agree.

Last edited:
lol it's not complicated, its not easy either.
you can take my advice or leave it, i don't really care. good luck going forward my dude

I was looking to buy beats the other day and went through hundreds of producers, the thing about mass producing like that 50% of your beats *at least* will be rubbish especially starting off. If i come to your site and play 2 of your beats and i happen to land on the rubbish ones i'm going to immediately click off, don't think everything you make is going to be sell-able. We all make good and bad songs. Try to move the bad ones out of the main view on whatever you're using or get rid of them completely.

I would say focus on your marketing. Once you get that to par, you should be good to go, it's a numbers game after that.

Back