My opinion of Google Music for the Independant Musician

Good post, but I believe that the promotional possibilities with Google will make using it's Google Music service a no brainer for independent artist. With it being the same cost as iTunes, add the promotional tools, then add the video possibilities and android, Google Music has my vote. You can check out my review here Google Musics New Promotion Tool Artist Hub

Thanks...and I read your review and Google Music does seem like the answer for musicians...but maybe once they sort out their distribution to a world wide audience as being only limited in the US at the moment is taking away from sooo many other potential customers and fans. Only time will tell with services like this :-)

You are right a world wide audience is what is needed for any serious player in music distribution to truly be successful and I do think that only time will tell. But I think because it is Google and their goal is to be a major player in ALL media it is going to be hard for it to fail and even harder for us on the outside looking in to see it if it does. Meaning Google is so big now that they can force feed this product down our throats through endless ads and promotions that we will believe we need it. Even if the numbers are showing that it is failing I don't see them pulling the plug on it. Remember they brought You Tube even when it wasn't really making money, but they believed they could find a way that it could. I have read that both Larry and Sergey are behind this idea so I think there will be endless tweaking until they get it right or run out of money..lol.

Anyway, like your site. Good concept with building a community aspects. Good stuff!

Back