My hook has been jacked by major artist......

DaGSpotSoldier

11B US Army
So I just got a ton of emails, from people who have ordered tutorials from me, my "Smooth Autotune" tutorials.
As well as emails from others in the game...

There is a group, Im sure alot of you know them...
"Mullage"

They do a song you all know called "If You Got It"....
You know,
"It aint trickn if you got it"

Well, go to their myspace page...They have a song called "Good Luv"
Also pay attention to the beat/instrumental....
Here is their myspace page..

Now go to my page, and listen to my song, also called "Good Love"...
Pay attention to the way the flow goes, and the end parts of the hook...
Notice anything??
Not convinced...
Remember the beat that is used on Mullage's song good love...

Well, now listen to my song "Come'n Home Wit Me"

Crazy huh...what a coincidence.

I did that hook in 2008, for another artist.
The lyrics were written by him, I just performed the vocals for the "Good Love" song thats on his album...He is aware of the situation also...

I have emails, that were sent from my gmail, to other artists I deal with. It was to let them hear the hook, and to get feed back...
The audio files are attached, with dates clearly in the header..
The dates the files were created are on my computer...
The session files, are uploaded to a couple of different file hosting places..with dates and IP address logging, of when I uploaded...

Its been on my myspace for a long time...

Its also used for promotion, to show others my skills with using autotune to create smooth autotuned effects....

The good thing is...
I not just some nobody...I got connections with major artist in the industry, as well as major entertainment companies...as well as some just picking up...

Im well knows at the "Smooth Autotune" guy,, the guy with some of the smoothest autotune sound around...
check my youtube...
www.youtube.com/dozerbeatz

I offer free tutorials as well..
One of my popular ones is...
"Killer Autotune Recording Secrets"
Sure, not alot of plays, but that is because everyone is downloading the high quality full compiled version of the tutorial...that I link them to in the Info section....

Look, Im not bragging, just putting that out there....
Though I don't have a degree that says I am,,,I call myself a Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering engineer....
I get paid to do those very things...and I don't even use my own project studio I have in my home. People pay me to come to their studio....and if I want studio time, guess what, I'm the guy that put their studio together...so its on the house.....

When you have people calling you, and emailing you, telling you that your shit has been hijacked......sure, you will be bitter. I am....who wouldn't....but I can look past that...
I mean, there are ghost writers out there...

Anyway, Im rambling as usual...
What actions, if any, would you take...????
I'm not the scandolous type, so that is not what Im getting at....
But its pretty messed up...

You cant tell me that all my peeps who have hinted me at this, as well as myself, are tripping...
It is plain and obvious what is going on here....

Omg

dat shit is ****ed up :mad: did you have that song copyrighted or song guard protected :confused: and most impotently do you have enough evidence to sue if you want i would be pissed :bat:
i have had lyrics stolen :sing:but not by a major artist shit thinking about you must be real hott in the industry
you are really doing somthing good ya know what im saying:cheers:

damn dude that sucks...you should spread the word on blog sites and you go to court because they def owe you some money..i know a great lawyer in new york here is his website http://www.raclawfirm.com/ you can tell him Z.A.Y. sent you if you want...thats bogus ass hell tho

How did they get a hold of your song? Can you prove it?
What proof do you have that you created the song and they got a hold of it and stolen it?

If you don't have proof then don't waste your time.

Proof I have...
email headers, showing dates, that I sent emails to my peoples after I created the hook...
Some to the artist I did the hook for, some to other people...
As well as some other stuff....

Im guessing a lawyer wouldn't do a case like this, because its not clear cut...there are variables...

So it may be taken "to the street"

HD video, comic type....allready have ideas....bustn'em out...
No video of me just talkn, complaining...."yo, you jocked my hook..blahh blahh..." nothing like that....
Also, the video would be directed toward the act of "jocking" in general..
I got peoples at an entertainment company, ready to jump on the production.

How do I know they jocked it...its obvious.
They go and get exclusive rights to a beat I also made a track to( the beat they are using in the song "Good Luv"

I will tell you like I have said elsewhere.

The chances are astronomical, that they would have a song with the same name and idea of a girl that has that "good love", which is the name of the song, and the part that is repeated(the centerpeice of the whole song, the whole idea), ...
and using a beat that I am also using.(Though in a different song)
That is also Autotuned....
Astronomical I tell you...

I am not the one that discovered this. some of my peoples, and customers emailed me and called me...

I didn't listen to the songs but I read your post. If you feel your songs were jacked you should take legal action. It is too much to explain in a post, but the first question is did you register your copyright? You have a copyright in material whether you registered the material or not. But, if you registered your copyright, your case will be much easier to prove.

You have to show they had "access" to your songs which should be easy because you say you had it on myspace for a long time. Also, you have to show that their song is "substantially similar" to yours which is a matter of opinion for the judge/jury.

If you prove they actually infringed your copyright then all the other users that "commercial exploit" the copyright (ie. record company/distributor) are also liable to you. Those are the people that actually have money and motive to pay you money! Damages will include actual money damages (profits from the song) and the court will grant an injunction (pull the album from the shelf and stop printing them). If your copyright is registered then you have additional remedies available to you (attorneys fees and statutory damages).

Normally, once you prove your case, it will never go to trial. The record company will settle with you in return for you subsequently licensing the material to them for use. That makes sense because it's cheaper to settle a valid claim then to pull product from the shelf.

This a brief overview of the process. But, it's really not that complicated for someone that knows what they are doing.

Thanks for the info luckydog...

This ordeal makes me take a closer look at copyright....
also need to do the ASCAP thing, put it off for too long...

---------- Post added 04-06-2010 at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-05-2010 at 07:27 PM ----------

again, as Ive said, I did not write the hook. I only performed it for someone. I have contacted the author. We are working on some stuff....

Anyway, here is an email from 2008....
anyone want me to forward it to them, just holla...
Sound examples are attached....

GoodLoveEmail.jpg

I didn't listen to the songs. My 2 cents...if your song is copyrighted, and/or there's no way they could coincidentally come up with something similar, persue it.

Keep in mind Mullage isn't at a place where they have real money to give you, and the better bet would be to confront them for a solution if you know 100% they stole your song. They'll end up giving you credit, points, ect, but there's a good chance coincidence is at play here.

Not to mention their song could've been done years ago as well.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

EDIT: Just listened to them both, hate to say it, but this is mere coincidence. Beats not similar enough and the only thing relative is the repeating of the words "good love".

If your material has an earlier copyright than there's you may have a little bit of an angle, but, I'm sure this is pure coincidence.

Tried to contact them, they(or someone) read my message, with no reply...it was a professional message, no accusations....
I will try and contact them through other avenues

Last edited:
Few in the industry are giving up money or credit willingly. I'd bypass contacting them at this time and contact my legal counsel to discuss the possibilities.

^^^Not true. If you have a solid case and win, you get 100%! So if they are in the wrong they will compensate you and fix the problem rather than taking the 50/50 gamble of losing everything.

If there is no 50/50 gamble, they say "f**k you" and keep it moving.

These dudes straight went window shopping on you!

I'ma take this beat, and this hook, ohh I like this sentence of the verse, I'ma take that too. Gotta love the internet.

I'm pretty sure way more people are doing this, maybe not as obvious as in this case, but still. If Beyonce is known for jacking up-coming musician's styles, and then perfects and brings it onto a commercial level with her given resources, just like these people have done, then damn sure other people will do too.

And Deranged btw, the beat was from an other song on dudes same MySpace, so saying that it doesn't sound similar enough is wrong, it sounds EXACTLY like it, just more polished and more high quality.

Basically they brought it onto a new level and made it commercial.

Funny thing is recreating WHP's beat probably cost more than buying an exclusive from him. lol But whoever remade the beat, is pretty damn good at it.

Other than that I agree with Deranged's legal advice.

Funny thing is recreating WHP's beat probably cost more than buying an exclusive from him. lol But whoever remade the beat, is pretty damn good at it.

I talk to WHP, he sold them exclusive rights to that beat. I have seen the contract...Tracked out .wav files...it(the beat) was not recreated...

Last edited:
have you tried to contact the label?
they are signed to jive/from the ground up.
i believe not real sure but it is worth a try maybe try to talk to the A&R or there publicist

I hope young songwriters that see this realize these situations occur way too often. Your business game needs to be on a higher level than your beatmaking skills if you want to protect yourself in this business. There is no shame in not knowing something. But if you don't know, do the knowledge, and illicit the counsel of those that do.

I had an associate who's son had to inform his dad about his "placement" on an album that subsequently went on to win the artist a grammy, produce four top 10 hits, and sell over 4 million copies domestically. What's sad is that I use to really like the "producer/thief" that put his name on my associate's beat. Now I question the authenticity of everything the crook attaches his name to.

So, if you are going to be putting your music out there you should really REGISTER YOUR COPYRIGHTS!

I talk to WHP, he sold them exclusive rights to that beat. I have seen the contract...Tracked out .wav files...it(the beat) was not recreated...
Hahaha, and I thought what a genius work of re-creation! :cry:

So he tracked everything out to single wav files and they mixed it up to a professional level? Wooow see what mixing can do for you?

It's a difference of night and day, the drums hit way different, and just everything sounds way different haha, but still the same beat.

As Deranged said many times, everyone is a shot away of creating a hit, everyone who is 3-4 years into beat making, can have a hit, if he has the right people bringing his shit to the next level. It's amazing to me.

Back