Music Mashup copyright?

arsa92

Hi all , i am finishing my first mashup of couple pop songs , and what I am wondering is , could i upload it on youtube on my channel ? Will i have any problems with copyright , since my account is in perfect standing , I would not like to get it all messed up .Are there any tricks to do this the legit way ? Im not sure what people like Dj Earworm and Daniel Kim (kimaginati0n) do to make this happen. (I would not like to earn off of this specific music track , but I would like that my previous , and future original songs stay monetized. I just want my account to be in the perfect standing it already is.)Any advice is welcome !

Last edited:
Youtube does have some tight rules on copyright that can have your account shut down. But if your not trying to make money of the mashup you shouldn't have any problems as long as the artist is not on the do not sample list. Artist lie Prince or The Beatles who will not let anyone sample their music. Their are many artist who would be super glad for you to mash up their music because it keeps them out there. If Youtube finds that you have a video on your page that they feel violates their rules they will turn it off and warning you.

I am making something like this
https://soundcloud.com/arsa92/mashup-demo-1
I already have the permission to use the beat , the thing i am taking from the other artists are acapellas basically. I am currently a partner with fullscreen on youtube , and I wouldn't like to mess something up . Im scared if i upload it and i get an copyriight strike since my account is in perfect standing.(Yea , i would not like to earn that specific video , just have a promotion for myself)

Most rappers like Luda love for people to flip their vocals because it keeps their name out there. But if your in a partnership with youtube in any type of way then I would not chance that.

Back