music industry contacts ?

im interested in where you get music industry contacts, A&R´s, producer, manager and so on

i know about 10 websites, five of them are selling A&R PDF lists, but i dont know which one is worth his money

what are you useing?

i have lost enough money in the past, to buy crap

Last edited:
I do not use any website for that.
Keep on networking. All the time. Meet up with people or keep a contact with them on the net.
It does not have to be the top of the food chain people.
Keep in touch with other writers/artists that have a management/publisher.
The more people you meet/greet and the better they like you - the better for your networking.
But; it boils down to being able to produce well and write good songs.
Although I´m pretty confident that a great networks outweighs great songwriting skills.

Then again; if your songs are all a row of stellar productions and fantastic hit songs; you could sell them from the North Pole through the internet just by sending them to industry pros.
Great hit songs will always make their way home.

Last edited:
use social networking, facebook is a great tool ;) ...go out to events, meet the artists...that's what i do...network...network...network...

i dont know where you live, but i dont met artists and other people when i go out

looks like the game has not changed, its still facebook, twitter & so on and the standard network methods

anyone tried MajorContacts.com ? earlier they have only sold A&R list, but now they have a big archive, where you can contact everyone for some cash, i was thinking about that

im interested in where you get music industry contacts, A&R´s, producer, manager and so on

i know about 10 websites, five of them are selling A&R PDF lists, but i dont know which one is worth his money

I can help you out. All I need for you to do is send me a private message.

What I want for you to do is to send me a message like you would send to an A&R. If your message is professional, I will send you my contact list for free. If your message sucks, I will not send you anything.

This is an easy opportunity to exploit. Just send me a professional message and I will send you a contact list. Thanks.

I understand everyone keeps on saying network, network, network. But what if the music you want to do is across the other side of the world/country; if the people you meet are duds, posers and want money for something not guaranteed; if there is no 'true' platform that you know of that really endorse unsigned talent? I understand it's a business and fierce competition but I would like to get some tips as to how to get my music out there. I was not always big on being in the limelight and putting music out because I was focused on making my product better and keeps good music alive. Though my competitors' musical skills may not match mine, they get pushed forward because of their networking stream and a large group of friends. I know my stuff is good; it was not an overnight production well thought of and put together. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Is there anyone with any real connections out there? A&R's, Dj's, radio for the unsigned, labels, fans? Is there anyone in the world genuine enough to think about how they can help someone else out rather than thinking how is it going to benefit themselves?

Is there anyone in the world genuine enough to think about how they can help someone else out rather than thinking how is it going to benefit themselves?

To be honest, no. This is business. You have to offer other people something in order to get something in return. Why would a record label or other business just help you out for nothing? Their money and time is extremely valuable to them. They want to invest in things that will give them a return on their investment.

Talent alone is not enough. Combine your talent with some other ability so you can help out others. You will then have the chance to be rewarded for your efforts. Do you really value your time and money?

The music business is like real estate. In real estate, location is the key, but in the music industry, networking is key.

You know you're successful at networking when you mention working for or meeting someone that the person says "oh really thats funny we've known each other for a while."

When you get a response like that, you're automatically in with that person and must be persistent in reaching out.

Everyone in the biz I meet, whether they're in PR or a Promotor, or a friggin Hospitality guy/girl, I make sure to let them know we'll be working together in the future, and I always email and set up a call or a meeting to just shoot the ish if the first opportunity was not long enough, or at the wrong place/wrong time.

You've got to stay in front of those you meet. Meeting people means nothing if you don't have the drive to form a relationship with them.

Relationships are everything. Money, music, and style won't get you anywhere. Relationships will.

Keep plugging.

You can definitely meet the people you need to.

Just keep netowrking. Don't buy that pdf with the a&r's listings. Stay persistant. Facebook, twitter, linkedin, events etc.

Back