Just got a check in the mail from Pump Audio. How to tell what song was used?

AG Beats

I just got a check in the mail from Getty Images (Pump Audio). Does anyone know how I can tell what instrumental was licensed? I see nothing in my pump account, and I logged in to my BMI account to see if I was credited with a work or anything, but this is the first time that I've gotten paid or had my music used with pump, so I'm confused.

I'd just like to know where my stuff was used at, I already have the money so there's no problem there haha.

For anyone who is curious, the check was $122.50 and PUMP received the material 8/31/2012. I have another CD pending accepted awaiting review, so I'm pretty sure it was from the first CD.

So my point in including that info was to show the amount I got paid and how long that took. Just like everyone says, expect to wait at least 6 months to hear anything from Pump. This CD was of my first ever "full beats" as well so if I can do it anyone can. It's all about taking action. You never know what action you take is going to be the one that pays you down the road!

congrats -that first pay day is always exciting

as for the rest, better off asking pump or looking at their faq

congrats -that first pay day is always exciting

as for the rest, better off asking pump or looking at their faq
Thanks BC, hope everything is going good with ya!

I checked the FAQ and it said that they don't get cue sheets until way after the program airs so there's no real way to let you know. It seems like there has to be a way but maybe if I'm just patient something will show up. I'm thinking maybe this check was just for the initial license fee and whenever the program airs it will show up in my works registered.

Kinda bummed though because every track on the second CD I sent a few months ago just got rejected today. Funny because my first CD was full of my literal FIRST beats and I thought the second CD was 10x better than the first lol. But oh well I'll just make another one with newer beats and send again.

I'm really starting to wonder what this check was for though lol.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

I guess the following explains it:

Many times Pump does not receive cue sheets from clients until well after the production first aired. You should not expect to be informed by us where your music has been used until the use shows up in a pay period report.

So like I was thinking I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
They can't share info they don't have. Most of the time the client goes in makes a purchase and that's it. They file a cue sheet when the cue sheet is needed and sometimes the track purchased never goes anywhere.

My check came from pump as well, all sync licenses. I'm still waiting to see if they go beyond that, some do some don't. About your CD being rejected... Most of these libraries have a great ear for what's going to work in film/tv space, which is different than what you think works

Last edited:
They can't share info they don't have. Most of the time the client goes in makes a purchase and that's it. They file a cue sheet when the cue sheet is needed and sometimes the track purchased never goes anywhere.

My check came from pump as well, all sync licenses. I'm still waiting to see if they go beyond that, some do some don't. About your CD being rejected... Most of these libraries have a great ear for what's going to work in film/tv space, which is different than what you think works

Word. I'll just wait and see what info I get. I got a check I deposited it that was the goal anyway haha.

Im hoping this was a TV use, but kinda expecting that it's website music or something. I guess the initial fee pump charged was $350 so maybe it will be something cool after all. Only time will tell.

Word. I'll just wait and see what info I get. I got a check I deposited it that was the goal anyway haha.

Im hoping this was a TV use, but kinda expecting that it's website music or something. I guess the initial fee pump charged was $350 so maybe it will be something cool after all. Only time will tell.

Good stuff! It's so funny, I read a post where people were bitching about sync fees from pump being $10.00,$50 etc I haven't gotten one less than 150 (after Pump fees)

Keep working my friend

Congrats! Nice to see licensing success stories on FP. I hit one earlier this year, and still have no idea what it was used for. Hopefully nothing evil.

Congrats! Nice to see licensing success stories on FP. I hit one earlier this year, and still have no idea what it was used for. Hopefully nothing evil.

O my, I had one that landed on a documentary of the KKK. Was interesting, paid well.

I got $75 in my Paypal from Getty Images. I have no idea what song(s) was used. I have about 300 pieces with them.

I was registered to the Getty Images contributor site. That would probably be the place to check. Contact them and see if they can set you up. I lost access to my account.

I got $75 in my Paypal from Getty Images. I have no idea what song(s) was used. I have about 300 pieces with them.

I was registered to the Getty Images contributor site. That would probably be the place to check. Contact them and see if they can set you up. I lost access to my account.

Thanks for the tip, sent one email and they redirected me to another email that could answer my questions. So once I send to that email and get some answers I'll definitely post back. Seems like the general consensus is that I just have to wait but I still wanna try to get an official answer from pump.

And I'm glad to be a success story on here! Thanks for all the kind words.

Once again for any lurkers/readers this is a perfect example of TAKING ACTION! Everything you do is just like planting a seed. SOMETHING is going to grow out of it, but you cant reap it until after you've sowed it! So take action today. Even if it's one thing each day, eventually you might take the one action that sends you over the top.

As I always say when I make a post like this, it might be a 'small amount' of money to you, but it feels good because I got it for doing something I would have done any way. There was no real inconvenience in my running a beat CD by the post office. To put things in perspective, I work part time at UPS. It takes me literally 15 hours a week and a bunch of HARD, MISERABLE work that I pretty much HATE doing to make about that exact amount of money. This may have taken 11 months, but it's a start and the more I send the more chance I have of getting paid.

You have the same chance!

#Sorrynotsorry for the #MotivationalRant haha

Last edited:
Thats fantastic congrats on your sale man. I want to start selling stuff with gettyimages, if anyones got some advice on that please message/share with me. Thanks and keep it up guys!

Thats fantastic congrats on your sale man. I want to start selling stuff with gettyimages, if anyones got some advice on that please message/share with me. Thanks and keep it up guys!

Easy: start submitting music!

I am often surprised why people think that there is some secret to submitting music to music libraries. Just check out the websites of these companies.

Most of them have a link on their site that tells you how to submit music. Even if there are no instructions, they usually have an email address or phone number.

Make music that works.... send it in... Build connections.. continue to work... Send more tracks in... It's not a hard to do, very boring process, but that's how it's done

congrats on the sale. I've never heard of this site before so im going to check them out, and submit some music. I've always wondered how to get music placed on tv and radio ads.

My two things are: do you guys that sell on music libraries sell your beats exclusively elsewhere? It seems like a pain to get them off these libraries if u sell them exclusively. My other thing is, do you try to promote these beats once they are submitted? Thats really what ive been trying to figure out

My two things are: do you guys that sell on music libraries sell your beats exclusively elsewhere? It seems like a pain to get them off these libraries if u sell them exclusively. My other thing is, do you try to promote these beats once they are submitted? Thats really what ive been trying to figure out

I don't do anything exclusive (ever). I don't promote anything in a library as must require the client to open an account in order to view the music. Most libraries I'm connected with actually pitch the music for you (minus pumpaudio)

Congrats on the license! I used to be on here a lot back in the day telling people about licensing with Pump and Rumblefish. It's always good to see people taking the initiative to just send out those beats. I sold my first license back in '07 and I still get BMI royalties from those licenses today.

Congrats on the license! I used to be on here a lot back in the day telling people about licensing with Pump and Rumblefish. It's always good to see people taking the initiative to just send out those beats. I sold my first license back in '07 and I still get BMI royalties from those licenses today.

Nice! I still see checks from American idol season 2-3

Hey AG Beats, have you received a cue sheet meanwhile? It's been months since you posted this , so I'm curious to know what they used your music for.

Back