Internships

After reading this conversation, I was wondering if anybody on this site has ideas where to look for an internship of further learning. I am in college doing something I am not as interested in as producing, and was wondering where I might be able to get an internship for over the summer or even during the school year.

After reading this conversation, I was wondering if anybody on this site has ideas where to look for an internship of further learning. I am in college doing something I am not as interested in as producing, and was wondering where I might be able to get an internship for over the summer or even during the school year.

Speak to your academic adviser at college. He may be able to point you in the right direction.

Any internship experience can be great as long as you're willing to work hard and have a good attitude while getting paid little to nothing. I interned at Island Def Jam for two summers (publicity and A&R) and it was an incredibly rewarding experience... but I know other interns didn't feel that way. You get out what you put in.

Any internship experience can be great as long as you're willing to work hard and have a good attitude while getting paid little to nothing. I interned at Island Def Jam for two summers (publicity and A&R) and it was an incredibly rewarding experience... but I know other interns didn't feel that way. You get out what you put in.

Precisely. At the end of the day your success, or failure is down to you.

The Get rich quick philosophy.

---------- Post added 12-14-2011 at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-07-2011 at 04:51 AM ----------

The secret is finding the right studio to train in. One that is well equipped and has the time to train you properly.

It is imperative that you do your research and find a studio that will actually take care of you and not just leave you twiddling your thumbs.

Don't hand over ANY money until you are know that you will be totally happy with the training that you will receive.

Last edited:
Internships are the perfect way to get into the music (or most) businesses. It shows willingness to learn and commitment.

Back