Imagine if people selling beats started using these on the streets,

of course things like licenses and leases still need to be signed by both parties so the sale collection method is only part of the issue

- carrying the paper work that must be signed and having legally binding signed copies by both parties is still a must

- so until you can get that portable printer to work with your phone (and down to a size that is not inconvenient to carry around), it may still need to be done in an office or other place of business somewhere.....

nice article, by the way, tapiwa....

Really? So will they be selling the exlusive or lease license of their beats?

I'm sure both are sold. I've only witnessed leases ( on a street level). I've seen both in the recording studio and I accept payments this way on a work for hire basis.

of course things like licenses and leases still need to be signed by both parties so the sale collection method is only part of the issue

- carrying the paper work that must be signed and having legally binding signed copies by both parties is still a must

- so until you can get that portable printer to work with your phone (and down to a size that is not inconvenient to carry around), it may still need to be done in an office or other place of business somewhere.....

nice article, by the way, tapiwa....

You can have the contract signed right their on the phone or have it set where they agree to terms and conditions upon payment and a copy of the contract is auto sent to the clients email.

Now this is simple with a lease, as must artists understand a lease, but difficult with more complex terms. It's a real time saver in the studio though when it comes to accepting payments

I've been using square since 2011 love it!

some jurisdictions require that a physical signature is applied to the "paperwork" so electronic transmission doesn't cut it.

but, yeah, I would think that it should be reasonable to have the stuff ready to send from one machine to another - still need lawyers input on somethings or either party may end up getting screwed (my biggest bugbear in all of this do it yourself "paperwork" - you need to get a lawyer to look at what you are signing before you sign it, if only to make sure that you are not signing away the farm and the stock and the water rights and the mineral rights and so on)

some jurisdictions require that a physical signature is applied to the "paperwork" so electronic transmission doesn't cut it.

but, yeah, I would think that it should be reasonable to have the stuff ready to send from one machine to another - still need lawyers input on somethings or either party may end up getting screwed (my biggest bugbear in all of this do it yourself "paperwork" - you need to get a lawyer to look at what you are signing before you sign it, if only to make sure that you are not signing away the farm and the stock and the water rights and the mineral rights and so on)

Good points.

People going around on the street selling beats like bean-pies and t-shirts.

"I got them beats 2 for 3, "just swipe your card right here brah".

You can't treat beats like the coke game lol

Back