I registered my production company, WHAT'S NEXT?

datboysc

I'm a beat-maker/producer from Dallas, TX and yesterday I registered my production company. I have a website I'm about to launch with beats I want to sell. In the process I want to sign up with ASCAP as a writer and publisher. I been told that I need a tax ID as well as an EIN number. I just want to get different opinions and make sure I'm going in the right direction. Please hit me with any info that may help. Thanks!

registered your business as in what LLC or sole proprietorship
check out this four step plan

what are you goals???
how are you going to build your brand??

contact me directly for more help
I really appreciate the help first of all. Now I went downtown in my city already and registered my production company so that's done. It look like I'm at step 2 so I have to register an EIN # and then I was told to get a tax ID # as well because I want to register with ASCAP. I'm working on a website because I will be selling beats non-exclusive and exclusive rights.

it's probably really a waste of time unless you have a studio where major rappers are coming thru.. cuz realistically what famous producer registered a production company coming up ? feel me.. i'd want to be known before i take time out and doing that..

Yeah...I mean it's good that you are getting all of the legal/technical stuff out of the way, but an equally important part of a successful business is having a good product and some decent market demand. Don't neglect that aspect, it is FAR more tricky but will be more lucrative in the end.

I'm a beat-maker/producer from Dallas, TX and yesterday I registered my production company. I have a website I'm about to launch with beats I want to sell. In the process I want to sign up with ASCAP as a writer and publisher. I been told that I need a tax ID as well as an EIN number. I just want to get different opinions and make sure I'm going in the right direction. Please hit me with any info that may help. Thanks!

Hey bro im out here in Arlington Tx! We should definitely stay in contact with each other and come up together. Heres my email and website
agreatbeats@gmail.com
Https://agreatbeats.com

I have started many business's, My advice and i'm in Florida so I don't know your state laws. I would never incorporate until i'm making a very decent profit i'm talking six figures. Just register yourself under a DBA (Doing business as) Then when you flip a good profit you can incorporate. From my experience once you incorporate you are on the radar(Taxes) etc. Rick.

Last edited:
Back