I Paid for famous rapper, and he didnt sent me vocals

Pablo Shifty

Sup guys

I have a big problem, bcuz i paid for famous rapper $1000 for verse (iam audio producer) by paypal, and he rec verse on my beat, but he dnt wanna send me vocal files idk what can i do..., um not from US, im come from Europe i sent him first past $500, and then when he rec vocal on my beat, he told me send rest money and i send 2 ya vocal files, and yeah i did it!, but he didnt send me vocal files, he dnt reply on my msg, or anytime say me today -_-... what can i do?

Thank You for help

Holla

paypal protects any transaction where you are buying and they are providing - or did you send the money as a gift?

so start a dispute with paypal - worst case you get your money back; best you get what you asked for and he may still have to pay your money back (though that really wouldn't be fair to him would it

and who is this famous rapper (we need to know in case of similar scamming in the future)

may be give me time to Friday, 2morrow i send to him msg, that i wanna bck my money, is he dnt send me money, or vocals, i will start dispute with paypal, and then i put it this rapper here, aight? I dnt wanna malign him publicly, if um not on feedback way

why would you not want to name and shame - this is the best way to stop guys like this taking advantage of starstruck individuals name them as scammers/hustlers and they stop in short order, particularly as you can demonstrate that they have failed to fulfil their end of the agreement with your e-mails

on a more positive note, give them ne last chance to refund is a good idea form the perspective of showing paypal that you have tried at every step to do the right thing

ps paypal will hit him with merchant fees for the transactions anyway as he has scammed them as well - asking you to make the payment as a gift instead of as payment for services rendered is against the TOS for paypal if they are engaging in an ongoing enterprise to sell their services

that will depend entirely on how paypal perceives the transaction after you file your claim, having correspondence that shows this was a work for hire should help you but as always paypal marches to its own drumbeat

work your way through paypal first

One thing to be clear about paypal is that they do not represent themselves as financial institution (clearly stated in their terms of use). So any action they take will still require you to lodge formal complaint with them about the transaction with their trust department - they will be debiting teh otehr parties paypal account for the amount they return to you.

in your comms with the famous rapper (I've never heard of him, but then I live in Australia, so no real big deal there), let him know that this is the first step before taking it payapls trust and security department, after which you will take it to small claims court.

Although it will cost you some money to secure a ruling, which you should be able to pass on as court costs to them as well (i.e. seek to have costs awarded in the judgement)

That is sad. I hope you are able to recover your money. Please do not send any other rappers money. You should not have to pay a rapper to record over your songs. You were taken advantage of.

including the ripping off???

I tend to agree with desire on this one - you don't need a name to record a verse for you - you just need to do the best you can with who you have access to

including the ripping off???

I tend to agree with desire on this one - you don't need a name to record a verse for you - you just need to do the best you can with who you have access to

No. Of course not. (The ripping off part)

Whether or not you choose to have "features" on your project is a matter of personal preference i guess.

For some, having big name "features" on your project can really help set your project apart from the masses in the Hip Hop world. I've picked up a few "no-namers" because of the features on it.

-----------

Back on the original topic though,

@Pablo Shifty: were you crystal clear about what you wanted from the artist from the beginning? Meaning did you tell the artist I am paying you for this and this in this format to be delivered by this date, etc etc.. Or did you just say "i need a verse, here's the beat." Because it sounds like the artist delivered what you paid for, just not in format that you wanted which sounds like a communication error to me if that's the case.

Last edited:
@SFTRAXX i been cleer i told him, i need famous rapper who rec verse on my project, and will promo it, and i told him i send my rough beat, and i will need rough acapella, when he finished recorded he told me send 2nd partial money, then i send to you vocal files, when i sent him money, he alltime say me "today i send" or "tomorrow i send", from Friday he dnt reply on my msg.

producers paying rappers to rap on their beat.. smh.. you deserve what happened to you.. you obviously not good enough for him to WANNA rap to it.. go back and get better at making beats until that nigga search you out for production.. you deserve what happen to you bruh... instead of them paying us.. we're paying them? lol where they do that at?

producers paying rappers to rap on their beat.. smh.. you deserve what happened to you.. you obviously not good enough for him to WANNA rap to it.. go back and get better at making beats until that nigga search you out for production.. you deserve what happen to you bruh... instead of them paying us.. we're paying them? lol where they do that at?

I wanted someone to pay for the vocals, not the osuzkanie me. After that, how can you be rich and exploit the poor people that are chasing your dreams? For him thats just $1000

Back