How to sell more beats.

ProducerJC

IndieHost
I'll keep the post brief because time is money, and I only have a little bit of both. There are a ton of producers who search theses threads looking for ways to sell more beats, and make more money. This is how to do it.

First things first, get out of the studio in go to shows. Stay out of the clubs. There are better ways to meet DJ's. Stick to shows and performances because those are more social; therefore, your more likely to meet someone who needs beats. Performers will usually introduce themselves to people before they go onstage, and after they finish. Producers should be doing the same exact thing between every performance. Make sure you have business cards and/or demo Cd's ready to give out at all times. It's difficult to predict when you're going to meet that one person who changes your life forever; so, be ready. Get contact information in return and put that information in a safe place. Call those contacts the very next day and talk about upcoming shows, appearances, other gigs, etc. Go to those shows, introduce yourself, pass out business card and demo CD's, again. Repeat these steps as often as possible and watch your beat sales go up!

The steps are as simple as I stated above. Rather you follow these instructions or not is up to you. For those of you who follow through, makes sure you're meeting the people you want to work with. Break a leg!

I'll keep the post brief because time is money, and I only have a little bit of both. There are a ton of producers who search theses threads looking for ways to sell more beats, and make more money. This is how to do it.

First things first, get out of the studio in go to shows. Stay out of the clubs. There are better ways to meet DJ's. Stick to shows and performances because those are more social; therefore, your more likely to meet someone who needs beats. Performers will usually introduce themselves to people before they go onstage, and after they finish. Producers should be doing the same exact thing between every performance. Make sure you have business cards and/or demo Cd's ready to give out at all times. It's difficult to predict when you're going to meet that one person who changes your life forever; so, be ready. Get contact information in return and put that information in a safe place. Call those contacts the very next day and talk about upcoming shows, appearances, other gigs, etc. Go to those shows, introduce yourself, pass out business card and demo CD's, again. Repeat these steps as often as possible and watch your beat sales go up!

The steps are as simple as I stated above. Rather you follow these instructions or not is up to you. For those of you who follow through, makes sure you're meeting the people you want to work with. Break a leg!

I been saying this stuff for a while..don't rely on your soundclick page only ...build clients list locally

Question on handing demo/beat cd's at a show...

Advice on tagging your beats? To tag or not to tag? Tag every 4 bars / 8 bars.?

Do u think this might hinder your beat sales? Thoughts?

If you decide to tag your beats, do so randomly. There's no real reason to tag beats on a rhythm, or in a musical way. Either way, rather the beat is tagged or not get on the scene and sell your beats. DIY is the only way to go in today's music industry.

i tag mine every 15 seconds and i would agree its tuff to sale online unlesss you got alot of money and knowledge so what i plan to do is to offline promote i think alot of the belief with the internet is its easy to make money easy by way of not physically demanding like reAL WERK BT YOU STILL HAVE TO USE YOUR mind to strategically werk to make a living bt in fact having a online business you realize it aint as easy as you thought especially cause of competition so a matter fact its probably easier to do a online business offline meaning have a page and tell ppl you neet therefore they know your face and feel more connected to buy

Back