How much for a beat?!?!

SirSurge

Hey guys , wassup??
A friend of mine is a great producer n hes spent 5 years practicin so he's good but he aint well-known.
Now one of def jam artist wants one of his beatz n he wanna know how much to charge???he wanna know how much is the standard?
Thank you guys for helpin

Hey guys , wassup??
A friend of mine is a great producer n hes spent 5 years practicin so he's good but he aint well-known.
Now one of def jam artist wants one of his beatz n he wanna know how much to charge???he wanna know how much is the standard?
Thank you guys for helpin

It's his beat, charge what he wants. If they don't agree on the price, negotiate.

His brand matter as much as his talent when it comes to slapping a price on a beat. I still have ways to go in terms of perfecting beatmaking and I'm trying to build a bigger brand for myself, so take a look at the lease prices I charge for some of my music.
http://www.myflashstore.net/dandeezyproductions
Granted, someone with a bigger brand than me may very well charge triple, quadruple or whatever more than I would but I'm just starting out on the business side of things.

Just negotiate do your research on what an entry level producer should charge or what they HAVE charged.

Back