Has anyone on here gotten a major deal thru emailing your beats as of 2014??

Big_O86

If you have gotten a MAJOR PLACEMENT through emailing your beats, what steps have you taken? Is it effective today?

I heard good things about Blazetrek and Pmp Worldwide, those are beat sudmissions that you have to pay for though. Sending beats freely through email submissions is not such a great opportunity, since these email accounts get flooded really really fast by every beat maker/producer.

I heard good things about Blazetrek and Pmp Worldwide, those are beat sudmissions that you have to pay for though. Sending beats freely through email submissions is not such a great opportunity, since these email accounts get flooded really really fast by every beat maker/producer.

I totally agree with the emails getting flooded.. I've tried pmp awhile back but never had any success with it obviously. Do you know anything about sending your beats through A&Rs?

TBH, not really but I believe the Anr's are just looking for major singles and not really album cuts. Because they want the exposure and help cover there asses as well.

Sites like PMP are looking for song ideas more than just beats.
If you can present a complete song idea to these guys I think you have a higher chance of getting your song placed.

Submission sites are the way to go. Even though it's many filters on sites like modernbeats.com and PMP, If you make it through all the filters you'll get a contract. ;-) (speaking from experience). Idk about blazetrak it looks like they cleaned up their act a bit with the people they put on there as "credible" but last time i got a connect on there it was B.o.B's "Manager" think i might of cought him on the tail end as he was getting fired lol.

If you have gotten a MAJOR PLACEMENT through emailing your beats, what steps have you taken? Is it effective today?

Yep. By connecting with the exec producers of the project then being told to dropbox material in.

Building relationships will never change, the platform may change (direct, social etc), but the process is still pretty much the same

yea.. i got all my major placements like that.. i don't suggest it... i'd rather build relationships up in person but yea.. you can still get placements via email.. your shit just ha to stand out

What do you call "major" in 2014?

I ask because I've worked with a few established names, but not on major releases. Hell Rell just hit me up for some more beats a few days ago, then I saw dipset just did a new song together, so it might be them looking for stuff for that project. Most guys who are getting beats from me are indie at this point with a name from their prior time with majors though.

Can't say many artists with label backing and budgets are sitting around digging thru emails over directly working with guys when the opportunity presents itself.

What do you call "major" in 2014?

I ask because I've worked with a few established names, but not on major releases. Hell Rell just hit me up for some more beats a few days ago, then I saw dipset just did a new song together, so it might be them looking for stuff for that project. Most guys who are getting beats from me are indie at this point with a name from their prior time with majors though.

Can't say many artists with label backing and budgets are sitting around digging thru emails over directly working with guys when the opportunity presents itself.

I don't know about OP but I would consider this major

lol, i cant read, sorry. I wouldn't consider that major unless some real overhead was behind it. However, "major" doesn't equate to "successful" these days. Bobby Shmurda is proof of that.

Back