Full Sail Entertainment Business Master's Program

JMD_Music

Anyone know anything about it or know someone who's done it? Really considering it since the area is cheap to live in.

I have a couple friends who have graduated the program, what do you need to though that isn't already outlined on their site?

Just their opinion on whether or not you really learn. I asked a couple of people on twitter if they liked it, and they all said yes, but I want the opinion of someone who did the degree on campus. The people I talked to did it online.

My Brother goes to the full sail online course for Music Production. They sent him all the equipment to work with. At first i thought it was BS but it actually legit and helping him. Though he already a dope producer.

Im curious about the places that teach music business too.. I'd love to be a marketing guy at a big label, or an artist manager, or a tour manager, or anything like that really.

I like the internet, marketing, making beats.......making money lol.....Trying to figure out what to do with my life, and I want it to be something with music. If SAE, or MI or FS are actually good programs it might be something worth considering.

It's just all that damn debt man. I'd hate to be 50k+ in debt with no hope of finding a job lol

Last edited:
Im curious about the places that teach music business too.. I'd love to be a marketing guy at a big label, or an artist manager, or a tour manager, or anything like that really.

I like the internet, marketing, making beats.......making money lol.....Trying to figure out what to do with my life, and I want it to be something with music. If SAE, or MI or FS are actually good programs it might be something worth considering.

It's just all that damn debt man. I'd hate to be 50k+ in debt with no hope of finding a job lol

Well the master's program at Full Sail is 35K, which is actually lower than most schools. And I don't plan on working for anyone; I'm hoping to open my own entertainment company, so looking for a job isn't gonna be a concern for me. I wanted to attend MI but LA is so expensive and I haven't been able to find a job out there. Orlando is so much more cheaper. I'm already 30K in debt from my bachelors, so adding on won't kill me.

Still trolling I see.

How?

The only way you would not learn from a school is if you stop going to class. Full Sail has a curriclum and has successful alumni. Why are you mad at me because you asked a silly question?

Do you want to learn at Full Sail? If so, you will. If you do not want to learn, do not go to school. It is as simple as that.

How?

The only way you would not learn from a school is if you stop going to class. Full Sail has a curriclum and has successful alumni. Why are you mad at me because you asked a silly question?

Do you want to learn at Full Sail? If so, you will. If you do not want to learn, do not go to school. It is as simple as that.

It wasn't a silly question. I've read reviews where the students said they didn't learn because they weren't properly taught. You've always been a troll, and always will be.

It wasn't a silly question. I've read reviews where the students said they didn't learn because they weren't properly taught.

Why are you listening to these people? Did they even graduate? If they did, did they get jobs? Do these people even have any real information as to why the program was ineffective?

You are not serious about school. Asking a message board about whether you should go to school implies that your heart is not in it. Just fall back instead of wasting your time and money. Higher education is not for everyone.

Why are you listening to these people? Did they even graduate? If they did, did they get jobs? Do these people even have any real information as to why the program was ineffective?

You are not serious about school. Asking a message board about whether you should go to school implies that your heart is not in it. Just fall back instead of wasting your time and money. Higher education is not for everyone.

Yes they did graduate and some got jobs.

You sound stupid as usual. I'm not serious about school? I get my bachelors in psychology in May. And when did I ask a message board if I should go to school? I asked if anyone here went to the school or knew anyone that went to school so they could give me their opinion. I'm looking at multiple schools so it's good to get a student's perspective.

A bachelor's in Psychology? Congratulations. But you need a doctorates to do any real psychology work. Full Sail isn't going to help you.

You need to get your plan together.

Your stupidity is hilarious. If I wanted a career in psychology, why would I be looking at grad programs in music business?

I used to want to be a psychologist or a counselor or whatever then I realized I couldn't deal with people complaining all day every day to me, and then coming up with 10 million YEAH BUT 's to every clinically proven piece of advice I'd be giving them lol.

I used to want to be a psychologist or a counselor or whatever then I realized I couldn't deal with people complaining all day every day to me, and then coming up with 10 million YEAH BUT 's to every clinically proven piece of advice I'd be giving them lol.

Going to the "Getting Started" section is about the same thing. People ask for help but do not even know what they want to do. It's almost as if cats want someone to make beats for them so they can get props from other beatmakers.

Many people experience problems because they cause their own problems. Thank goodness you came to your senses. Solve your own problems. People will drag you down and rob you of your time, energy, enthusiasm, money, and sanity.

I get my bachelors in psychology in May.

Oh, what?
Forreal. I just joined this Future Producers board, so 1) I didn't know some of yall were college cats like me. and 2) I didn't know there were any Psychology majors on here like me. I graduated in 2010 with a Bachelors in Psych. And just like you, I didn't always have the impulse to get serious about audio engineering, but now I'm headed that way.
Man, I really do hope you get your plan together. Life is tough for a social science major in this global financial situation we in.

All I really wanna do is splurge 8K or 9K on the equipment I'll be using to produce for the next few years. But life is a traffic jam sometimes and i hafta be careful financially.
Right now I can honestly say the college debt is sorta worth it... but not really. I feel very privileged for having completed school but til I start seein more paper..

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

What I remember is Kendrick Lamar saying if he wasn't rapping, he'd wanna go to school to study Psychology.
Maybe creative and conscious people are drawn to psychology man.

I know that studying psychology + altering my consciousness with drugs in school (mainly weed and shrooms) + learning about music and production equaled = major fuel for creativity for me. Creatively, i feel i'm on some other ish. In a good way.

Oh PS - people are more interesting to listen to than you would think...when you get beyond the normal bullshit that people say.

Back