finished a beat, what now?

wavygrvy

just finished a beat and mixed it, im planning on selling it on my site. my question is do i copy right my instrumental or do i register with bmi/ascap? will that effect the process of the person trying to buy the lease/exclusive rights to that song?

I would register the copyrights to several instrumentals at one time l
learn more about doing this instead of paying $35 per instrumental when registering of a copyright
group registration

Last edited:
AND...raise some capital to promote it. that's going to cost you like $300-500. unless of course you have tens of thousands of fans.

paying for promotion can have a great ROI but I would work the social networks and start connect with artists,media companies that can benefit from your services and those that you can benefit from their services

right now I'm working tackling each of the major social network over the next 90 days and link building
this takes time and patience but its about building a foundation for the future of your production company providing stability

what exactly do you mean promote it? how would i go about doing that for that price?

what do you mean by ROI?

what do i do after copy right? should i copy right it if im going to sell it on my site for leases/exclusives?

Last edited by a moderator:
ROI = Return On Investment essentially what you get back after spending money to promote and sell something, aka gross profit

Promotion comes from marketing or advertising

always copyright

paying for promotion can have a great ROI but I would work the social networks and start connect with artists,media companies that can benefit from your services and those that you can benefit from their services

right now I'm working tackling each of the major social network over the next 90 days and link building
this takes time and patience but its about building a foundation for the future of your production company providing stability

Personally I think gaining the attention of other artists is a losing strategy. "Check out my song", "Follow me", "Download my free bootleg remix", Like me on Facebook", blah blah blah lol. We are now at a point where you have to pay to be heard. The Internet is no longer a place for no name talents who are penniless from what I've seen.

Personally I think gaining the attention of other artists is a losing strategy. "Check out my song", "Follow me", "Download my free bootleg remix", Like me on Facebook", blah blah blah lol. We are now at a point where you have to pay to be heard. The Internet is no longer a place for no name talents who are penniless from what I've seen.

those phrases that listed should never be used when using social networks
I prefer personal messaging on social networks, being superficial will get you no where!!!
I try to connect on a more personal level

only general posts on social networks should be about new content

I rather get genuine followers and listens

never try to sell them anything in a social network message!!!!

the point of social networking is to create relationships and get potential customers to your website where you have a large body of content and CTAs(call to action(s) in place

Those phrases you mention can be used in your once a month mailing list blast about your new products and never more than once a month

your weekly email marketing should be about useful content for your fanbase and those interested in you

you can have a Like Us on facebook icon in every email blast but not in your face kind of way just have the social media icons there

after i copyright my instrumental, i can sell it on my site for a lease or exclusive, correct?

yes just make sure you have a license/exclusive agreement on your site and included with every sell

make sure you copyright your instrumentals in group you'll save tons of money

Back