A Few Questions On Selling Beats

Central Texas Boys

www.ctbstudios.com
If I was to make a beat and sell it. Is there any way that everytime that they play the song with the beat that the artist made the lyrics to. Do i get paid for every play i gets or do we work that out in an agreement. im new to the copyrighting and im just curious thanks.

If im not mistaken You just either Exclusively sell the beat or lease it.

Like when your on A Label, you may have A certain agreement; the agreement might be like you get a percentage or all compensation made off their song.

I suggest you inform yourself very well on the internet of selling beats, there are many sites and many useful articles. learn from the mistakes of others to be closer to success and from the success of others to be a step ahead

Here's some advice.

ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC pay royalties to the songwriters and publishers who have applied for membership. Register with one of these organizations once you've created a song to be played on radio air, or in television performances. Specific companies are required to pay these royalties, do your research to find out which ones.

Honestly, your primary focus should be on establishing your music business. Learning the ins and outs comes with the territory, after you've gotten started and are making sales. Too many producers get caught up in the legal ramifications of this business. It is important to know your legal rights when it comes to music; however, the most important step you can take towards securing your financial future is making sales. The sooner you can start doing this, the faster you can make money. Eat the cake first and pick up the crumbs later; royalties are crumbs. They take years to process and shouldn't be depended on for making a living. I consider royalties to be a bonus check, personally.

HowStuffWorks "How Music Royalties Work"

In the United States, the royalties are based on a "statutory rate" set by the U.S. Congress. This rate is increased to follow changes in the economy, usually based on the Consumer Price Index. Currently, the statutory rate is $.08 for songs five minutes or less in length or $.0155 per minute for songs that are over five minutes long. So, for example, a song that is eight minutes long would earn $.124 for each recording sold.

Your biggest profit gains will come from studio projects, merchandise sales, downloads, custom beats, and affiliate programs. Get a website ASAP, it will be a powerful tool for conducting business nationwide. Contact me for more details when you're ready. My contact info is on site below.

Back