E-mailing your beats

N

newyorkstate718

I mean, we are in the age of the internet. Nowadays people get noticed by sending their beats by email... But how safe is that really ? What I am trying to get at is, do Rapper take beats and re-arrange them a little so they wont have to pay for the one you had sent them ? And also, should sampled beats be sent along with original beats ? I know sampling clearances is a big deal. I am just curious....

~See I live in Queens. All I gotta do is take the train to Manhattan, see Camron and Vado chillen on 145th and throw them my beat cd and thats it. I will become famous (Im joking). But for someone that lives in like the middle of nowhere, who has the illest beats ever, the only outlet for them would be email.......Right ?

~Also, if they want the beat, how is the price negotiated ?

Well of course if you send beats by email so everything is possible, but the same thing goes if you give an artist a beat cd, they can steal it but I don't think it's that common. You own the beat and if they use it without permission on a profitable release so you can sue them, no problem. But if it goes to like a cd with 100 copies so I don't even care for things like that, only if it sells thousands and thousands of copies.

Of course it would be good to let the artist know which beats are sampled, usually if they're looking for beats "publicly" so they do say "send original beats to...".

Hopefully this helped a little, haha.

I mean, we are in the age of the internet. Nowadays people get noticed by sending their beats by email... But how safe is that really ? What I am trying to get at is, do Rapper take beats and re-arrange them a little so they wont have to pay for the one you had sent them ? And also, should sampled beats be sent along with original beats ? I know sampling clearances is a big deal. I am just curious....

~See I live in Queens. All I gotta do is take the train to Manhattan, see Camron and Vado chillen on 145th and throw them my beat cd and thats it. I will become famous (Im joking). But for someone that lives in like the middle of nowhere, who has the illest beats ever, the only outlet for them would be email.......Right ?

~Also, if they want the beat, how is the price negotiated ?

I wouldn't send beats without vocal tags. Tag all of your beats in my opinion. Make sure u leave contact info and negotiate a price based on how much you want to sell your work for. Do some reasearch online sound click sound cloud. Look at those sites and see how much producers are charging. You can get an idea that way if you are unsure. That's the approach I've take. Peace

place a confidentiality statement in an email if you send it...look online for what to use exactly, but it in essennce implies legal consequences into what you send......

If a well known rapper jacks your 2-Track beat via E-Mail that would actually be awesome. Consider your foot in the door. Beat Jacking isn't always bad. Gotta pay your dues at some point.

I think no big artist will jack your beats through email. I mean if you only send .wav or .mp3 files of the full beat. Usually big artists always want the tracked out files for professional mixing. So just don't send those and you should be fine.

if jay-z jacked my beat, i wouldnt give 2 shits, the only thing i would want is that he states that it was produced by me, least he could do right?!

Someone on YouTube asked me to send him some beats, I said I would then I was like hold up lol. He was talkin bout givin me full credit so I could 'get my name out there'. I was thinkin ight coo at first, then I was like fuk that shiit lol. R'sonist said 'never give uh beat away for free.. unless it's jay-z's last album or summin'.

Back