Deleting my soundclick

killablksmi

Hey what's up everyone I'm really thinking of deleting my soundclick and I wanna know what you guys think of it. The main reason for this is because, now that I'm getting some industry looks, I feel like soundclick will only hurt me, not benefit me.

I just don't see the point of it anymore. I'm 16 years old, with no bills to pay, so making QUICK money isn't an issue for me right now. I think that if i Keep it, it will just devalue my brand.

I am currently doing in house production for Pablo Dylan (Bob Dylan's grandson), who is also a close friend of mine, on a daily basis. They contstantly tell me that i should get rid of it; that labels won't take me seriously if i have a soundclick, etc..

What are your guys's thought on it?????

THanks a lot :)

Last edited:
I would keep the soundclick and make it as professional as possible ....but if you think your soundclick format can't offer the professional features you need ...you should be starting your own dot com....
if you need a website I have a assiociate that helps ppl such as yourself looking to move to the next level of ownership of a website develope it.

pm me here don't miss your opportunity to get your own website for a more than fair price

the walking on water coach antonio aka fataltone

check out my thread here
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-links-resources-indie-artists-labels-364398/
and my other threads in this section
I do PR and business coaching,general consulting as well providing organizational coaching(which will give you more time in your work day and personal life)
if you want to take your career to new heights and be a professional musician please contact me
this is what I do

I provide services that get artists and producers more publicity and profits

my process works as so
1.create a relationship with you(business owner)
2.help you birth a vision, or refine your vision(brainstorming sessions)
3.help you lay out a plan(online/street team plan,business plan,marketing plan,public relation plan,organization plan)
4.help you stay motivated and on a timeline
5.show you how to enjoy your success and build upon it

also providing coaching/consulting on
marketing
salesmanship
professionalism
sure fire networking
faith and entertainment
leadership
time management/organization

reminder results are determined by your actions

HolyLamb Media & Entertainment Coaching and Consulting

Let's build a relationship to build your success

Affordable Services with Quality results

contact me here on package and one on one pricing
or at
holy_lamb_media_entertainment@hotmail.com

Last edited:
I would keep the soundclick and make it as professional as possible ....but if you think your soundclick format can't offer the professional features you need ...you should be starting your own dot com....
if you need a website I have a assiociate that helps ppl such as yourself looking to move to the next level of ownership of a website develope it.

pm me here don't miss your opportunity to get your own website for a more than fair price

the walking on water coach antonio aka fataltone

check out my thread here
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-links-resources-indie-artists-labels-364398/
and my other threads in this section
I do PR and business coaching,general consulting as well providing organizational coaching(which will give you more time in your work day and personal life)
if you want to take your career to new heights and be a professional musician please contact me
this is what I do

I provide services that get artists and producers more publicity and profits

my process works as so
1.create a relationship with you(business owner)
2.help you birth a vision, or refine your vision(brainstorming sessions)
3.help you lay out a plan(online/street team plan,business plan,marketing plan,public relation plan,organization plan)
4.help you stay motivated and on a timeline
5.show you how to enjoy your success and build upon it

also providing coaching/consulting on
marketing
salesmanship
professionalism
sure fire networking
faith and entertainment
leadership
time management/organization

reminder results are determined by your actions

HolyLamb Media & Entertainment Coaching and Consulting

Let's build a relationship to build your success

Affordable Services with Quality results

contact me here on package and one on one pricing
or at
holy_lamb_media_entertainment@hotmail.com

lol damn you're going hard hahah well my soundclick is pretty professional looking.. (SoundClick artist: Closer Productions - Dopest 16 Year Old Producer Out! For sound kits, scroll down!) i'm not worried about that i was just worried about not being taken seriously because i have a soundclick.. get me? but sure i'll pm u..

ppl won't look down on you because you have a soundclick page..but having a what ppl call a "true website" will be beneficial because you can do much more than what you do with a soundclick
can you make a blog using a soundclick????

your soundclick looks good.. and just because you're 16 doesn't mean you shouldn't take advantage of the advertising and marketing soundclick has built in.. so you can be making $2,500 to $5,000 per month to reinvest in your craft and maybe build yourself a "real" studio when you graduate
John Sayers' Recording Studio Design Forum • Index page
you keep going hard

ppl won't look down on you because you have a soundclick page..but having a what ppl call a "true website" will be beneficial because you can do much more than what you do with a soundclick
can you make a blog using a soundclick????

your soundclick looks good.. and just because you're 16 doesn't mean you shouldn't take advantage of the advertising and marketing soundclick has built in.. so you can be making $2,500 to $5,000 per month to reinvest in your craft and maybe build yourself a "real" studio when you graduate
John Sayers' Recording Studio Design Forum • Index page
you keep going hard

yeah but i dnt want just be making 5k a month off soundclick. I'm striving for something bigger than that. and i already work out of a studio full time.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

anyone else have an opinion on soundclick?????

Hey what's up everyone I'm really thinking of deleting my soundclick and I wanna know what you guys think of it. The main reason for this is because, now that I'm getting some industry looks, I feel like soundclick will only hurt me, not benefit me.

I just don't see the point of it anymore. I'm 16 years old, with no bills to pay, so making QUICK money isn't an issue for me right now. I think that if i Keep it, it will just devalue my brand.

I am currently doing in house production for Pablo Dylan (Bob Dylan's grandson), who is also a close friend of mine, on a daily basis. They contstantly tell me that i should get rid of it; that labels won't take me seriously if i have a soundclick, etc..

What are your guys's thought on it?????

THanks a lot :)

How do you determine the success of your brand?

Most people determine success in the value of money spent vs. money earned; however, there are other factors that determine success. Work ethic is the single biggest to contributor to success that I've encountered. As far as soundclick is concerned, keep it live. By cancelling, you'll be taking steps backwards instead of forwards. Add to your brand instead of taking away from it.

Instead, start a underground website for your current following and give yourself time to adjust to becoming a webmaster. Websites are different from VIP Soundclick profiles and will take some time to use effectively.

How do you determine the success of your brand?

Most people determine success in the value of money spent vs. money earned; however, there are other factors that determine success. Work ethic is the single biggest to contributor to success that I've encountered. As far as soundclick is concerned, keep it live. By cancelling, you'll be taking steps backwards instead of forwards. Add to your brand instead of taking away from it.

Instead, start a underground website for your current following and give yourself time to adjust to becoming a webmaster. Websites are different from VIP Soundclick profiles and will take some time to use effectively.

i think placements will determine the success of my brand and soundclick isn't gonna help me get placements lol it just looks amateurish and plus SC is outdated.. IMO

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

anyone else have thoughts on SC?

i think placements will determine the success of my brand and soundclick isn't gonna help me get placements lol it just looks amateurish and plus SC is outdated.. IMO

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

anyone else have thoughts on SC?

totally untrue Soundclick isn't amateurish....it's just another marketing tool and building your internet presence..like I posted before if you're ready to add to your internet presence.. my associate will help you set your website that will grow with your needs ...

placements are great...continue to make relationships with artists... be a producer and not a beatmaker.... is the advice I give all who are about the business side of music.... not just sitting down with some pads or some keys..
if you need help with your vision ....I can give your direction and a timeline to success
try your hand here as well
TAXI: record deals, publishing deal, film TV placement, recording your music, songwriting

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

check out Midi Mafia's website they have been producing for tons of "industry" artists

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

http://themidimafia.tumblr.com/

Last edited:
This is what I do.

Soundclick?... outdated?... amateurish?... WTF?...

Soundclick is a powerful social network for music professionals. It seems like you want to be taken serious as business person in the industry, but you're looking at it in the wrong light. Most of your current followers have found you through soundclick. Your best business move is to keep your soundclick VIP account and get a website.

The plan should be to migrate your current following to your new website. Those of your followers who stick only to soundclick can still get your latest updates.

Hundreds of thousands of people use soundclick. Your previous statement reminds me of something some amateurs would say about MySpace. Even though MySpace isn't the most popular social network in the world, they're still among the most popular used. This means you can still find what you're looking for on their network, as long as you know how it works and how to use them.

It's your business, I'm just trying to help. Get at me when you're ready to design your website. I get most people started for around $40. Contact me for one on one advice (713) 909-0713.

Last edited:
Listen dude, I am gonna throw some quick advice instead of trying to sell you a site:

Myspace is dead, officially will be dead soon and I mean "offline"

Soundclick is in decline but still going strong however many many users are leaving due to many reasons but the main one is the soundclick policy. The most recent story is about Warbeats.com owner NFX, look it up he wrote the whole article on soundclick. Plus its full of ''insert producers name here'' type of beats which are just cheap knock offs.

You can make your own website and it doesnt take a lot of skill to be quite honest, even a non technical person can make one if he/she has any common sense and knows how to use the interwebs. FACT!

There are plenty outlets for your music like soundcloud/bandcamp/youtube etc

The moral is that you ll get you placement not based on how many sites you have your music on but on the quality of your music and who have you worked with i.e. your music catalog so concentrate on that.

Peace

Listen dude, I am gonna throw some quick advice instead of trying to sell you a site:

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

oops ^^

Didn't mean for it to come across like a salesman; even though, I design websites for a living. The $40 price doesn't go to me, it goes to Just Host which is the web hosting company that some of us you for websites. I only offer my help because hosting companies don't offer advice on topics such as this. I don't charge for consultation. My only goal was to help answer the question at hand.

Myspace is dead, officially will be dead soon and I mean "offline"
I still make good money with MySpace, regardless of what people say about it being dead. If they go offline, they go offline; but, it would make more since for them to get bought out by Reverbnation or somebody. Use them or don't, it's totally up to the webmaster.

You can make your own website and it doesnt take a lot of skill to be quite honest, even a non technical person can make one if he/she has any common sense and knows how to use the interwebs. FACT!
It helps to know HTML, PHP, and other languages when designing a site. The skills can be learned by anyone. Hire someone if you don't have the time to do it yourself. It's not as expensive as most people would think.

Keep the soundclick page. It just increases your web presence. When people google your name you will look more relevant. If anybody asks you about it just tell them that was at an earlier stage in your career.

If you were to google my name you would see lots of stuff that I don't mess with anymore in addition to my current projects. As long as your contact info is correct you should be fine. I would be more worried if I googled your name and only saw soundclick stuff. That makes you look amatuer. If your web presence shows that you are always working with new ideas and companies that shows that you are a true mover and shaker and have more experience than just selling beats on Soundclick.

Keep the soundclick page. It just increases your web presence. When people google your name you will look more relevant. If anybody asks you about it just tell them that was at an earlier stage in your career.

If you were to google my name you would see lots of stuff that I don't mess with anymore in addition to my current projects. As long as your contact info is correct you should be fine. I would be more worried if I googled your name and only saw soundclick stuff. That makes you look amatuer. If your web presence shows that you are always working with new ideas and companies that shows that you are a true mover and shaker and have more experience than just selling beats on Soundclick.

Holy cow, we gotta link up! Check out Battle 4 Exposure and check out some of my sponsors. Let's keep things moving. Where can I link people to you online?

The best way to catch me is on twitter. I'm in school and work full time, and run a DJ company in addition to the music hobby. I'm taking Web Development I this semester so I should have a site made by me up soon. on twitter I'm @logisticalstyles

Back