customers never go through with buying my beats :/

Dennis1990

I usually get my customers from my beats I post on youtube. With my prices already on every beat.

I usually have about 3 or 4 people a week emailing me about wanting to buy a lease or for exclusive/full rights to my beats.

I mostly reply with...

"Leases are 25.00 and that's just for the MP3 with the tag in the front only,
Exclusive/Full Rights are 150.00 and youget the beat tracked out and own full rights to the instrumental
Payments can be made through paypal or through western union"

I rarely get a reply back.... :/
Is it something I'm saying that makes them change there mind?
Or do I just have bad luck with customers not wanting to go through with it?

What is the best way I should go about how these consumers email me?

Hahaha! I remember when i used to go through that. If you want to make a sale when someone emails you about a beat to do this... Give a discount about 10% to 40% and tell them to act now if they want the discount!

If they email you instead of just asking to buy the beat, they're probably unsure whether they want to buy or not. The poster above me has a good idea and thanks for saying that. When i buy a beat now i'll probably email ahead of time :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I used to get that all the time when I was using soundclick as my main grind, I remember I had several people where I had an e-mail around 20 replys long answering every question possible for them and working out a nice package deal on couple beats for them to disappear into thin air once the paypal invoice was sent to their e-mail. There really is no way around it, it's bound to happen in every business, music especially since a lot of customers are on limited budgets.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. If they messaged you to ask about prices and you told them exactly that - your job is done, everything else is up to them. I was in the same situation few times, the best thing is to move on with your work, if they are really interested they will get back at you. I was in situations where artist would ask me all sort of questions about my beats and ways to buy them and whatever, only for me not to hear from them, and this would be an artist who would already showed interest in working with me. On the other hand, i had artists who i don't know straight up ask me for prices and ways to send money and we would do business. You never know with rappers lol.

Hahaha! I remember when i used to go through that. If you want to make a sale when someone emails you about a beat to do this... Give a discount about 10% to 40% and tell them to act now if they want the discount!

Exactly. Make them a offer always. "If you buy 1 you can get 2 more free today or later in the future when I upload more beats.." This usually will make them more interested in buying & be a returning customer in the future because they will keep checking out for more beats to get those two & buy more because you offered them more value then they thought.

The discount is def not a bad idea. Connect with your customers, build up long term relationships.
Also, consider expanding and letting some of your music go for free from time to time...

How I use ReverbNation for selling beats | SEE THE SOUND (article) go for the long term profit!
True anytime that you can the customer asking you questions is a good thing, but remember that price is an issue in the absent of value.

If they contact you directly about buying a beat, the best thing is to send them a paypal invoice for the beat.then email them telling them that you've sent an invoice

That's usually how I get a sale when people contact me about a beat

They either want to buy the beat or not...i wouldn't even force it after that

I rarely get a reply back.... :/
Is it something I'm saying that makes them change there mind?
Or do I just have bad luck with customers not wanting to go through with it?

What is the best way I should go about how these consumers email me?

Maybe they were never customers to begin with.............?

dr-evil.jpg"

At the end of the day it really is a numbers game. From my experience I probably get one sale from every ten that hit me up. You just gotta find ways to reach more prospects to so you can have more chances to sell. Just keep marketing!

Dennis, do you have it so payments are taken / beats are sent automatically? If not and it's all manual, that's where some of the sales may be breaking down. Giving people too much time to think about it decreases the chance of making a sale. I've shown how to set up a automatic system in this thread.

Also like Ola said, the discount option is a good idea.

On automated systems like myflashstore, how do you guys get customers to sign contracts online? Do you guys even send contracts for non exclusive leases?

On automated systems like myflashstore, how do you guys get customers to sign contracts online? Do you guys even send contracts for non exclusive leases?

my system sends the contract with the beat
and the contract states by buying and downloading the beat(s) they accept the terms of the contract

99.9% of your beats that you will sale will be used for freestyles,super underground cats,etc.

but if you're worrying about that one artist that may blow up off your beat
register your copyright with the Library of Congress
register with your PRO
do the legal things
it's cheap

don't cut corners

-Coach Antonio/Saint Antonio

Yea I've seen people do that. What about for exclusive rights though? You do the same thing? Also, is it a good idea to get an LLC if you are gonna be conducting yourself as a business online? I'm definitely trying to be legit about it.

Back