Crucial question for experienced producers and online beat sellers

juse

Is it still possible to blow up on soundclick? The only thing I've heard from other top guys and other dudes making a living selling beats is that you have to be an OG soundclicker in order to rank at all. Any thoughts?

When it comes to selling lease beats online, you always want to go with your own website. You can use Sounclick for your portal to stream with, but you don't want to send customers to anyone else but you. You can use myflashstore, beat stars or beatwebsites.com/ to push your site and build your brand.

I appreciate that my dude but that's not what I was really asking. What I mean is that if I wanted to do a Soundclick campaign and try to get ranked on that site, do I have a chance or am I too late to the race?I do have a site but I was thinking of attacking Soundclick again.

If your wanting to focus on Soundclick it's only about how big your buzz is attacking that site. You can beat anyone when the tracks are hot and different then anyone else on that site. But if your going to go with cookie cutter beats that just goes with the flow then yes that time has passed. If your wanting to bring customers in to a new sound then your going to have an edge. But your going to need to use every follow up and follow though connection on every social site that you can to build your buzz.

Last edited:
Is it still possible to blow up on soundclick? The only thing I've heard from other top guys and other dudes making a living selling beats is that you have to be an OG soundclicker in order to rank at all. Any thoughts?

It's possible to blow up on any platform. People who jumped on the Soundclick band wagon years (the OGs you speak of) probably have a bigger following and customer base than someone new and starting out.

If someone brought their following over to soundclick, they'd rank as well. If you take a soundclick user and port all his music over to cloud, his following would have to go to cloud to listen and he/she would rank.

So, what I'm saying is, you blowing up, has nothing to do with the platform and everything to do with your ability to build a following

There's a lot of competition. It used to be easier a couple of years ago, but it's so oversaturated these days. It's still possible to make it to the top 10 with lots of work though.

Back