Copyright claims on youtube

jnham

So I've recently put up a video of my cover to "Click Clack Away" by Diggy Simmons and it got taken down, so I decided to put up another version with a disclaimer infront of it, and it said:

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

but ye it still got taken down. The name of my video was "Click Clack Away" Ft. Bruno Mars [Official Music Video]

I want to know why it is that this guy:

www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=DgVQHSk8vEg

has had his video up for a while now and it has yet to be taken down. Some of my friends said that it might have been because of the name of the video but I really don't think so, because tones of people have their videos taken down because of this and they do not have "Official" in there video titles.

He may have gotten it cleared or maybe no one reported it yet.

Your description of what you did is not fair use. If you use anyone else's creative work that is in fixed form and distribute it (place it on youtube) , even not for profit you must get label permission or it is infringement and can be taken down.

Back