Contracts and Royalties

Jgonline1

Just a quick question.

I have my contracts written out, and I'm really OCD when it comes to business things and organisation, and would like my contracts all separate. I need to write up a royalty contract, by this I mean a contract which clearly states what percentage I (the composer/beat maker) will receive.
Lets say for this subject matter, that i JUST composed the 'Instrumental', I didnt co-write any lrics or anything. I just made the beat.
So for that matter, what royalty rights do i include in my royalty contract for me to then show the intended artist.
Composer, writer, royalty rights?
..I want to involve all of the royalty rights I would have. And the recommended percentage for each. (Obviously considering every person is different, I know that).
This is the last part of my legal process before I start actually selling my material in comfort. I hope somebody can help.
Bear in mind I'm talking 'Beat maker', royalties, not 'Producer', royalties!
The industry words have got confused down the years. I am a music producer, but for this thread matter I am the 'Composer' and want to know what royalties I would get as the beat maker, and if anyone has any examples or templates
Thank you.

For this... I would recommend hiring a lawyer to be honest.

I personally don't know if I would feel comfortable taking advice here if the person doesn't practice music law. There could be some holes in the advice.

Might be worth paying a few bucks to a lawyer to make sure you get it right.

Just a quick question.

I have my contracts written out, and I'm really OCD when it comes to business things and organisation, and would like my contracts all separate. I need to write up a royalty contract, by this I mean a contract which clearly states what percentage I (the composer/beat maker) will receive.
Lets say for this subject matter, that i JUST composed the 'Instrumental', I didnt co-write any lrics or anything. I just made the beat.
So for that matter, what royalty rights do i include in my royalty contract for me to then show the intended artist.
Composer, writer, royalty rights?
..I want to involve all of the royalty rights I would have. And the recommended percentage for each. (Obviously considering every person is different, I know that).
This is the last part of my legal process before I start actually selling my material in comfort. I hope somebody can help.
Bear in mind I'm talking 'Beat maker', royalties, not 'Producer', royalties!
The industry words have got confused down the years. I am a music producer, but for this thread matter I am the 'Composer' and want to know what royalties I would get as the beat maker, and if anyone has any examples or templates
Thank you.

I live with a lawyer. Hit my PM. I work through her with all my music contracts, if you need something looked over and done at a very cheap cost I can get it done depending on the amount of stuff you need looked over.

Feel free to hit my PM and we can hammer out the details.

Back