Contacted by label, don't know what to do.

Bonsewswesa

A lot to read

I'm an amateur, simple as that. My skill is inconsistent and I've only just started with eq and volume envelopes. I've been making stuff for a while but recently I was contacted on soundcloud by a representative of a music label called itchycoo records.

Here's the thing though, the message had strange pronunciation and capitalisation throughout and the account was not the main itchycoo records account. Being skeptical, I contacted them on their own website asking if this person was affiliated with their label.

No response. That was a month ago. Yesterday I decided to respond asking if there were any tracks in particular they were interested in and quickly got another response with strange pronunciation and capitalisation again. Terms like:

"If you have something you really want to release at "All Digital Download Stores Worldwide".
Beatport, iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Trackitdown, Audiojelly, DJ Tunes, Juno Records, Napster, Traxsource and Many More.. .
NOW IS THE TIME.!!"

All of the message looks like this. Sorry about the font change, pasting that messed it up. Now the entire thing couldn't have been auto-generated as they mentioned specific track names and responded to the question with a human enough answer. Both times they were adamant about me sending them some of my tracks via file sharing and sending them to their e-mail address.

1. This seems sketchy, has anyone else had an experience with this person/itchycoo records? Can you confirm if this is real or not?
2. (if this is a real offer) Going onto a label, it seems like I'd be signing a contract and not seeing a whole lot of the profit from this. Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have to ask whether it is a scam or not then it most likely is a scam.

Until the label verifies it is a legitimate offer directly from them, send nothing.

Run man. Don't matter where just START running. As far as you can till you can't anymore. This is now your new beginning......

Definitely sounds like a scam.... There's lots of people that offer services out here that tries to jack Music producer's beats. Beware that this is something that will constantly come about, and you will receive emails. You just need to be able to distinguish between whats real and whats fake. Or you won't make it long because someone will be steal your music.

Anyone heard of something called mp3xuu? Somehow tracks are being ripped off of soundcloud into other sites for free download.

Back