Can I copyright my beats that have royalty free samples

mrskytown

Can I copyright my beats that have royalty free samples. This may be a silly question but I'm gonna be selling beats /music and I have beats with purchased and some free royalty free sounds, would I be able to copyright my recordings.???

If you are using royalty free samples then there are no issues whatsoever - you will have received a license to that effect when legitimately purchasing or otherwise obtaining the original files

Not true at all. Sample libraries + Programmed Presets are cleared for copyright but a lot of producers get sniffy about using them. Sampling other peoples' records is another matter

Last edited:
why are some people telling me that i cant buy drum kits and make my OWN beats out of them and saying that i don't have copy rite or ownership so i cant sell that beat to someone else because that sound doesn't belong to me

If I were you I would read the licensing agreement on any software, drum sample Pack, VST Synth, etc as it's all pretty clear and transparent. I've been sampling drums from records for years (which actually isn't legal) but if you layer enough together it's impossible to recognise them. I also use presets and even the odd loop from a sample library. It's perfectly legal.

Any alterations you make to a drumkit becomes your own. If you do not change anything in that kit and try to sell it without a song you produced for example then it is considered "stolen". Lack of a better word. Same rules apply to anything audio file you purchase. Hope this helps.

why are some people telling me that i cant buy drum kits and make my OWN beats out of them and saying that i don't have copy rite or ownership so i cant sell that beat to someone else because that sound doesn't belong to me
You can

Back