Best music (Industry) Networking site?

Stanzah

Been abit slow on signing up to these Music based social networking sites, mainly because one pops up every month And they all claim things like they can put you in contact with A&Rs blah blah. I used to use soundclick back in the day, but (correct me if im wrong) that doesnt seem as great as it was a couple years ago. So i figured i'd ask what ones are actually good? that is if any are good at all?

and if any have been of any benefit to you, how?

Thanks
Stanz

Last edited:
wait so some of these try to charge you to network and make that industry contact?? What kinda bullshit...
Nevermind.

i have talked in the last time with rich harrison( richcraft records ) & eddie wheaters (so so def)

if you mean you get discovered over soundclick than i can only give you my congratulation

Nah im not saying that. SC seems past its prime. Its had its fair share of sucess stories and people that have then gone on to get produce/be big names. XV probably being the biggest. Also Apex Productions went on to produce "I get money" for 50 cent.

create your own lane and make them come to you. everyone is beating down these a&rs doors offering beats and people get pimped every day because of it. create your own complete product and push it yourself and when it gets hot enough the majors will come running.

create your own lane and make them come to you. everyone is beating down these a&rs doors offering beats and people get pimped every day because of it. create your own complete product and push it yourself and when it gets hot enough the majors will come running.

BINGO
full song developement is where it's at..

either full songs to pitch to other artist to buy from a indie label or major label

or full songs to ptich an arist to a indie label or major label

you can even offer your beats with hooks on them for mixtape artists looking to make a quick song

I see you have a bandcamp site which is nice ..but I see that as a social media site..
I suggest getting your own dot com with a domain of your own and really branding your company services and products so that you have a identity for the present and the future...

learn everything you can about copyrights,publishing, and contracts get yourself a entertainertainmen lawyer on your team...get some
consultation and see where you need to go as far as making your company totally legal with a business account,LLC or sole p.
etc....
I don't know how serious you are and I didn't listen to your tracks but have products and services besides instrumentals is a thought
affliate programs...

I'm very serious about my instrumentals. I have been doing this for a while, But i'm not looking for immediate commercial sucess, or a big break. I'm not looking to trade beats for cash, i'd rather make a good track get some good promotion.

I have my Brand Values set, Name, Logo, Colour, Vocal Tag, Consistantly already. You may see this in my avatar but this is evident across the many different forms of social media i use:

Stanzah
RhymingStanzah - YouTube
RhymingStanzah | Facebook
RhymingStanzah - Twitter
Stanzah's sets on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Some of you guys seem to think that having a .com or whatever would be benefitial but regarding my aims i dont see it that way. Especially when those that i'm aspiring to work on the same level with, dont and have never done this. I generally see it as a waste of money to try and draw traffic to something that i can probably do for free, especially when my motive isnt money (at the moment).

I'm definitely on my way, so i was wonder what else is ACTUALLY good, as i've heard alot about these pmp worlds etc

Last edited:
I'm very serious about my instrumentals. I have been doing this for a while, But i'm not looking for immediate commercial sucess, or a big break. I'm not looking to trade beats for cash, i'd rather make a good track get some good promotion.http://holylambmediaentertainment.com/the_walking_on_water_mediaent_coachbusiness_servicesI have my Brand Values set, Name, Logo, Colour, Vocal Tag, Consistantly already. You may see this in my avatar but this is evident across the many different forms of social media i use:

Stanzah
RhymingStanzah - YouTube
RhymingStanzah | Facebook
RhymingStanzah - Twitter
Stanzah's sets on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Some of you guys seem to think that having a .com or whatever would be benefitial but regarding my aims i dont see it that way. Especially when those that i'm aspiring to work on the same level with, dont and have never done this. I generally see it as a waste of money to try and draw traffic to something that i can probably do for free, especially when my motive isnt money (at the moment).

I'm definitely on my way, so i was wonder what else is ACTUALLY good, as i've heard alot about these pmp worlds etc

your own .com is not a waste of money..you can do more with your own .com
check out my site by clicking on the QR code...in my sig
twitter
facebook
bandcamp
soundcloud are great
but where your blog???
providing information is a great way to bring ppl to your site...
and it's something you should add to your skillset...
as many ppl are becoming more independent
and sure money is not always a factor
but if you have decent info and decent beats with a nice layout and a pretty decent instrumental player where ppl can purchase your instrumentals then you can justiify having a website...
research on the topic of owning your own domain name
Why Having Your Own Domain Name Matters | Get Your Own .Com | The HostBaby Blog
The Walking on Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio

Last edited:
BINGO
full song developement is where it's at..

either full songs to pitch to other artist to buy from a indie label or major label

or full songs to ptich an arist to a indie label or major label

you can even offer your beats with hooks on them for mixtape artists looking to make a quick song

I see you have a bandcamp site which is nice ..but I see that as a social media site..
I suggest getting your own dot com with a domain of your own and really branding your company services and products so that you have a identity for the present and the future...

learn everything you can about copyrights,publishing, and contracts get yourself a entertainertainmen lawyer on your team...get some
consultation and see where you need to go as far as making your company totally legal with a business account,LLC or sole p.
etc....
I don't know how serious you are and I didn't listen to your tracks but have products and services besides instrumentals is a thought
affliate programs...

Do it bigger. get your music in movies, video games, commercials, tv shows ect. If your interested in making money stop chasing labels. There is money in working with the majors but theres even more in selling licensing your music then while you get your money dealing with licensing do major work on the side and work with indies too. they have money and are more accessible than majors.

but if you have decent info and decent beats with a nice layout and a pretty decent instrumental player where ppl can purchase your instrumentals then you can justiify having a website...

Wow. Is anyone paying attention or are we that One Dimensional. Im not looking to make money by selling my beats to randoms online. I'm just trying to network. I'm sure i can do that without shoving a price in someones face.
I see getting a website as a waste of money cause when i see someone elses site, i'm dont click it. I'd much rather click a networking site where everything is in a familar format, i can find out the information i want, i know where to find it etc.

Can we get back on subject please. Are any of these sites actually good?

Back