Been trying to sell beats online for 3 years and nothing

BUILD RELATIONSHIPS. Since nothing else is working for you, maybe it is because you are going about it the wrong way.

Instead of contacting artists and always trying to sell to them right away, try to learn about them. See if they have a job, ask them how long they've been doing music.
Find out what they do outside of music.

Ask them if they have a job, mainly because you need to know if they are able to fund their music career. This means they can most likely
buy beats from you if they wanted to.

How long have they been doing music? this is an important question, because artists who just started might not be that serious and might not have any money.
But artists who are more seasoned and matured in the game, might be more willing and more professional to work with.

Knowing what they do outside of music sometimes helps you understand them as a person. This way you can know how to respond to them and how to interact with them.

Always remember that you are not only selling beats, you are selling yourself!!!

Hope this helps,
Hit me up if you have any questions, I'm always willing to share.

LegendaryBeatz

You seem to be promoting wrong. You need more exposure. Go out there and advertise like crazy. You can't just sit back and upload beats hoping someone would buy them. Make a twitter, youtube, facebook, or whatever. Those 3 years could have been put to better use, I know it. When I first started, I was raking in sales after a few months. You just have to grind right.

I know this is an old thread but I can tell from your music that you are from Brazil. Where are you from in Brazil?

Feel free to email me, I know people looking for what you have.

ive used SendBeats.com before.

i find it to be very useful, for a small fee (3.99 a month) theyll keep you up to date with the latest opportunities

I've had more success OFFLINE than ONLINE grab some business cards and visit all your local studios and drop off some beat cd's tagged ofcourse and with all your info on it!

I've had more success OFFLINE than ONLINE grab some business cards and visit all your local studios and drop off some beat cd's tagged ofcourse and with all your info on it!

Might work!
Offline success will be influenced by where you live, obviously.
Those of us in fairly rural areas with no big cities around will have better success online. ;)

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

I disagree with the mass sales of beats. I've never sold anything under a few hundred. Now the minimum I sell for is 800 per track and thats older stuff. THe thing is, you devalue your material if you run it like wal mart. Try reaching directly out to artists, managers, etc. I think doing it both ways even better. The market is even harder now, than years ago. Any tom dick harry thinks they can do it, which is good in a way, but it also floods the market. So now your one of millions selling the same thing. Brand yourself right, and you will be good to go.

Back